Cats vs. Dogs: How do you want to live?

False dichotomy. If there is indeed a great deal of personal freedom with limited interference, one would be able to voluntarily devote resources towards ensuring at least moderate personal security.

IOW, I’d be a cat with guard dogs. Or ninja swords.

I’ll be a cat if I can change my name to Felix.

Hi Felix, I’m Fritz.

This is a question for the ages, to be sure, but I’m not really feeling it as a Great Debate. I’m taking it to my personal kennel in MPSIMS.

It’s on now. >:3

And everyone gets three guesses to what I pick.
First two don’t count. :smiley:

I’m a cat person and also a dog person and also a bird person. I don’t see any dichotomy here.

But if I have to pick one, I’m a fat lazy cat dude.

We have 8 cats.
I know people who want to come back in their next life as one of our cats.
Thus, I want to be a cat, with a me to take care of me.

Rather the candiru than the dick, says I…

Anyway, to answer the GD part of the OP - I’d rather be a dog. Man’s naturally a pack animal anyway, and I can’t think of a good reason to fight nature in this instance. Personal freedom is not as high on my list of priorities as security - I have experience of having neither at one point, and I know which bit I enjoy more now - steady meals and not being killed counts for more than picking what movie to watch or paying more taxes.

I agree. And I’d rather be a cat. Although at the moment, I seem to be living more like a dog–a working-breed dog, no less. :dubious:

I’d be one of your cats. You’re good to your cats. I don’t know which would be better–being YOUR special cat, or being one of Gus’s special cats. :smiley: Both would be pretty nice.

Motherfrakking lionness, baby!

I just realized the OP’s name is Eben. VERY good. :slight_smile:

Can I be my cat?

Oops

Pampered house cat, thank you. And the sweet lesbians I live with have very soft breasts to lounge on. :smiley:

(OMG. I think I just channeled our cat Phoebe, who is currently curled up on my chest.)

That means, of course, that your cat would be you. How smart and/or focused is your cat?

I’d rather be a Tiger.
Cats get spayed/neutered.
Screw that crap, man!