Cecil Adams, you bastard!!

[QUOTE=kunilou]
He told me he was going on a top secret mission, very hush-hush. He might not even come back alive, and due to the nature of the mission, the authorities would not only deny everything, they would deny that Cecil Adams even exists.
[/QUOTE]

“Good morning, Mr. Adams. Your mission, should you decide to accept it…this tape will self destruct in five seconds…sssssss”

[QUOTE=Beware of Doug]
…he’s lying about his age. I happen to know that due to a clerical error, he was born April 31, 1939.
[/QUOTE]

I didn’t know that clerical errors brought on labor…

[QUOTE=Kat]
I didn’t know that clerical errors brought on labor…
[/QUOTE]
They are supposed to be celibate, you know …

::ahem::

I AM SPARTA. . . [sub][cough cough] I mean, er . . .[/sub] CECIL ADAMS!

Tripler
And I’m much better looking than Ed Zotti or Kirk Douglas.

[QUOTE=Tripler]
::ahem::

I AM SPARTA. . . [sub][cough cough] I mean, er . . .[/sub] CECIL ADAMS!

Tripler
And I’m much better looking than Ed Zotti or Kirk Douglas.
[/QUOTE]

No, I’m Sparta-cough-cough!

[QUOTE=WhyNot]
I swear, I just heard that needle-skidding-across-the-record-music-stopped sound effect in my head. There may even have been a Scooby-Doo “Rwah?” after it.

Cecil Adams is the dude who “writes” The Straight Dope. Y’know, that column in The Reader (et al) answering dumb (and a few smart) questions that we all followed in here one day? Look up, it’s on the masthead.
[/QUOTE]

Whoosh

[QUOTE=Beware of Doug]
…he’s lying about his age. I happen to know that due to a clerical error, he was born April 31, 1939.
[/QUOTE]

Which merely confirms what I always knew…he does not exist we have been conned.

I demand a refund plus interest

Sorry to break it to ya, but Cecil isn’t real. He’s like the Tooth Fairy, Santa, and Jesus.

[QUOTE=Bear_Nenno]
Sorry to break it to ya, but Cecil isn’t real. He’s like the Tooth Fairy, Santa, and Jesus.
[/QUOTE]
Nooooooo!!! There has to be an Unca Cecil!! It was hard enough when I found out there wasn’t a Tooth Fairy. Then the heartbreak about the Santa Claus thing. I tell you, 2005 was a rough year. Next you’ll tell me there is no Easter Bunny!!

No. I refuse to believe you. [fingers in ears] La la la la la. I’m not listening, I’m not listening![/fie]

[QUOTE=Bear_Nenno]
Sorry to break it to ya, but Cecil isn’t real. He’s like the Tooth Fairy, Santa, and Jesus.
[/QUOTE]

Ha. That’s funny, how you said there’s no Tooth Fairy.

Just like you meant it.

It WAS a joke. Right?

Right?
Cuz, I always got these quarters, and who else would have done that, Jesus?

[QUOTE=XJETGIRLX]
My guess is he couldn’t afford the subscription fee. :smiley:
[/QUOTE]

He could afford it; he just didn’t think it was worth it, and let his membership expire.

[QUOTE=Mr Bus Guy]
Cuz, I always got these quarters, and who else would have done that, Jesus?
[/QUOTE]

I hate to break it to you, but that was Mohammed.

[QUOTE=Least Original User Name Ever]
No, I’m Sparta-cough-cough!
[/QUOTE]

I’m Sparta-cough-cough!!

Seriously, though, these threads that exist only to allow people to say they posted to the same thread as Cecil always mildly annoy me. I continue to maintain that Cecil should be starting threads asking me to post to them.

Perhaps, the culture works…

Give him a break. He’s old and he’s tired. He’s been fighting ignorance for over 30 years and look how far he’s gotten. He should have taken on a more realistic goal, like draining Lake Michigan one tablespoon at a time.

[QUOTE=Bear_Nenno]
Sorry to break it to ya, but Cecil isn’t real. He’s like the Tooth Fairy, Santa, and Jesus.
[/QUOTE]

What Mr Bus Guy said
:dubious:
Plus…kindly explain to me who eats the cookies and drinks the milk then?

Go on who???

[QUOTE=chowder]
What Mr Bus Guy said
:dubious:
Plus…kindly explain to me who eats the cookies and drinks the milk then?

Go on who???
[/QUOTE]

Cookie gnomes. They actually dislike milk, but absent alternatives they’ll drink just about anything to wash down the cookies with.

(Don’t tell me nobody told you about the cookie gnomes…)

[QUOTE=Bear_Nenno]
Sorry to break it to ya, but Cecil isn’t real. He’s like the Tooth Fairy, Santa, and Jesus.
[/QUOTE]

SEE? I told you they’d deny it!

[QUOTE=Bear_Nenno]
Sorry to break it to ya, but Cecil isn’t real. He’s like the Tooth Fairy, Santa, and Jesus.
[/QUOTE]
Actually, Unca Cecil and Jesus are pretty good buddies. I heard they’ve been hanging out with Mohammed this last year trying to figure out how to fix this muddle in the middle east, and that’s why nobody’s heard from either one of them.