Celebrities with the most/least class and grace

Look, I don’t want to bash Clooney, but there’s something about dating a woman who’s less than half his age that just strikes me as a little… egh. But to each his own, I guess, and I’d probably do the same exact thing if I had the money (and if it weren’t a felony–she’d have to be younger than 11.5).

I don’t know if that should detract from his classiness.

Less than half his age? Sarah Larson is 29. George Clooney is 46.

Another for most: Nicole Kidman

Classy?
William Daniels is a very classy guy. I used to work on his wife’s car. Whenever she had to bring it in for service he always made sure it was scheduled on a day when he wasn’t needed on the set. He did this so that she would not have to take the shuttle. Both he and his wife are very nice people.
The only strange part was that his normal speaking voice is the voice he used in Knight Rider. Every time he would ask a question, I would start looking around for a black Firebird. :slight_smile:

Victor French was also a very down to earth guy. He would give me a 20 every time I worked on his car. Very friendly, loved to shoot the shit. A good guy that left us too soon.

I met John Larroquette while Christmas shopping one year. This was back when Night Court was still on. I saw him browsing in a department store and recognized him. I walked up and asked if he was John Larroquette, and he replied yes. He stood up. Damn that man is tall. Anyway he was more than happy to talk with me. I thanked him for all the enjoyment he and the rest of the cast brought me and excused myself so I wouldn’t be a pest. He acted like he would be more than happy to keep talking all afternoon long.

Cool points to King Abdullah of Jordan for appearing in a non-speaking part on Star Trek; Voyager.

:smack: I thought she was 22.

Fred Rogers was classy in the extreme.

Patrick Stewart = Most classy.

Courtney Love = Least classy.

“Wait, Wait, Don’t Tell Me!” mentioned this weekend that Fred Rogers’ car was once stolen. When word got around, the car was returned with a note that read, “If we had known it was your car, we wouldn’t have taken it.”

Not exactly a direct example of class, but the result of a lifetime of it.

I also appreciate the information given about King Hussain of Jordan. I knew a bit about Queen Noor (very classy) but knew little about him.

HA! Yeah no kidding. Neither does Kate Capshaw. To get back to the subject, both of those people (Spielberg and Capshaw) are classy. Not a celebrity (except to her fans), but Happy Rhodes is way classy. If she were famous people would be bringing up her name. Peter Gabriel’s classy. I agree with Clooney and Kidman too.
Someone who was once not classy (vials of blood?) but then gained it rather dramatically: Angelina Jolie. Brad Pitt was never not classy, but he gained more and more class as he got older, especially after he married Jolie.

He can be an opinionated ass when on camera especially when he is talking about politics or religion or religious politics. I think he prides himself on it. To his fans and those who pay to see him he is a gentleman. So is Teller who is surprisingly talkative.

I would also say Stevie Ray Vaughn. I only met him briefly. I was hurrying to get into a show just as he came out from the bus to go in the back. He stayed and signed autographs until he was literally pulled away by his band. When I told someone this when was later told this to someone when I was stationed at Ft Hood I was informed that he used to hang out in the bars in Austin listening to the bands. He treated everyone like they were his long lost friend.

Gary Busey impressed me with his class. I was an extra (one of about a hundred) in a movie he was in, and he was very nice to us extras.

When the cameras and equipment were being shifted around to get another angle of a scene and we had to hold our positions (sometimes for hours), Busey kept us entertained–talking to us, doing comedy bits, and so on. During meal breaks, he didn’t disappear with the other principals to have lunch; he sat at the folding tables with the rest of us, joining in our conversations and just being one of the guys. At the end of the shoot, he thanked each of us for working with him, too. He didn’t have to do anything with or for us pieces of background scenery, but he chose to. Thanks, Gary–you’re definitely a class act.

Least class and grace? Britney Spears, Lindsay Lohan, Paris Hilton, and their ilk.

Huh, I wonder what got into him the other day at the Oscars. He interrupted a red carpet interview with Laura Linney, Jennifer Garner and Ryan Seacrest by giving Garner a hug and kissing her neck, which sounds nice but right in the middle of an interview to someone you don’t know? Then he continued to disrupt the interview. It seemed like Garner didn’t know who he was and she seemed very irritated. Seacrest was completely baffled, as was Linney. All 3 looked freaked out. If Busey is classy he sure didn’t show it then, but the experience you had with him was nice.

That’s right. Penn Jillette is nice to his fans, but he tends to be boorish and intolerable on other matters.

Watching Gary Busey is like watching a “This-is-your-brain-on-drugs” trainwreck. I’m not sure he’s been sober since 1968.

Most: Tom Hanks.

Least: Michael Winner. Michael Winner is a turd.

p.s. That woman with Clooney at the Oscars (well that’s where I saw her) I thought that was Jessica Biel. I kept wondering why she was keeping her mouth shut (being a well known actress)
Clooney is a lucky guy.

Haven’t got a clue for most, but for least, I submit Tiffany Pollard (better known as “New York”).

I could scrape stuff off my shoes with more class than her.

I saw the word ‘reality’ in your link, and immediately thought of Jade Goody

And by association Danielle Lloyd (Oh the internal conflict - So cute, yet so unpleasant personality wise)

New York is only 26??? That adds to her prostitute-like features: I’d swear she were at least early 30s. At least.