Celebrity Birthdays

OpalCat, that’s quite an impressive list. However you missed the following events all of which occurred on February 11th:

1765 - British wigmakers submitted a petition to the King asking for financial support as the fashion of wearing wigs declines.
1799 - Physicist Lazaro Spallanzani died.
1810 - Napoleon married his second wife, Marie-Louise of Austria.
1821 - Auguste Edouard Mariette, the archeologist who excavated the Sphinx, was born.
1826 - London University was granted its charter.
1858 - Benito Juarez was declared President of Mexico.
1861 - British troops were used to break up a riot caused by escaped convicts in Kent.
1879 - Illustrator Honore Daumier died.
1899 - George Morgan became the first man to be killed while riding a motorcycle.
1920 - The future King Farouk of Egypt was born.
1922 - Honduras was declared an independent republic.
1931 - Inventor Sir Charles Parsons died.
1934 - Racing champion John Surtees was born.
1940 - John Buchan, Lord Tweedsmuir, author and former Governor-General of Canada, died.
1945 - The Yalta Conference was ended.
1949 - Author Axel Martin Fredrik Munthe died.
1960 - Composer Erno von Dohnanyi died.

Ah, thank you Mike. That was all just off the top of my head… so it’s only natural that I missed some…

O p a l C a t
www.opalcat.com

Chief Justice William Rehnquist and former President Jimmy Carter were both born October 1, 1924.
Another birthday on February 11: George Washington, 1731 (Julian Calendar). Yes, the calendar was changed so much when Parliament adopted the Gregorian Calendar for the entire British Empire, that February was actually moved from the latter part of the year to the early part, along with an 11-day adjustment to correct the error that had been in the Julian Calendar since 46 B. C. (Washington himself observed his birthday on February 11 until late his his life, during his presidency.)

Excuse me–late in his life.

I have to point out that JFK was shot on 11/22, not 11/23. Also, Aldous Huxley and C.S. Lewis both died on 11/22/63.

Yay! Born on Jan. 12 - Jack London! (My all-time favorite author)
Also:
Andrew Lawrence
Rob Zombie
Kirstie Alley
Howard Stern
Rush Limbaugh
& 109 others I’ve never heard of
(So maybe it’s not the best line-up of people :))
Died:
Agatha Christie
& 58 others

Any fans of Bewitched, Dick York (the BETTER Daran/Derwood :slight_smile: (sp?))was born on my best freind’s Bday (Sept. 4)

White Wolf

“Friends come and go, but enemies accumulate.”

People I share a birthday with:

Sissy Spacek, Barbara Mendrell, Jimmy Buffett, Perdita Weeks, Nora Dunfee, Gary Sandy, Robert L. Ripley, Rod Serling, Cab Calloway, Aaron Weintraub, Steve Wariner, Annie Lennox, Anne Spielberg, Rick Berman.

Denver Pyle and Dean Martin both died on my birthday. Also, Charles Chaplin and W.C. Fields.

(December 25)

Your Official Cat Goddess since 10/20/99.

“I get along well with everybody.” --I.M.F.

I share my birthday (July 13) with Cheech Marin.
Many others, too, but he’s the only one I always remember. :slight_smile:

Oh yeah, and Harrison Ford.