Celebrity Death Pool 2020

Do any of Happy’s 3 that don’t match with Loach, match with phungi? Happy would have to pass both of them, after all. So if just one of his picks dies, if it matches with either Loach or phungi, he’s in second place at best.

I scored Christopher Hitchens and Kim Jong-Il December 15 and 17 of 2011 and I believe they were my only points.

Murder isn’t allowed in this game, right? Asking for a friend…

Tell your friend no, it’s not. That means that your friend should not get caught.

As a public service phungi posted #168, Happy at #113, and Loach at #147.

Hey…I’d just like to point out that I’m not dead yet! :grinning:

Only 39 points out of first place is doable, although I admit having to pass two other people will not be easy.

An epidural should help with that. A little, at least.

British crooner and popular target of silly jokes Des O’Connor has died, aged 88, after suffering a fall.

Marguerite Littman, muse of Truman Capote and the inspiration for Holly Golightly, has died at 90. (NYTimes)

Soumitra Chatterjee, legend of Indian cinema, dies at 85.

Wrong Indian actor for me.

FavreCo named Peter Sutcliffe as one of his picks for this year. But I don’t think he specified which Peter Sutcliffe. Which now matters, because while Peter Sutcliffe the race car drive, Peter Sutcliffe the musician, and Peter Sutcliffe the soccer player are doing okay, Peter Sutcliffe the serial killer just died of Covid.

No dog in this fight (especially since I didn’t even enter this year), but I’d never heard of the living ones - I’d say the Yorkshire Ripper is by far the most (in)famous. Then again, I’m British, which will skew it.

I moderate a DeathPool based it the UK, and notice a differing set of picks. If you want to play there next year I can give you the info you need.

Lee Hyo-jae, South Korean women’s rights and democracy activist, dead at 95.

For what it’s worth, I agree. I feel the serial killer is the most famous Peter Sutcliffe and that’s who I assume FavreCo meant.

Okay, I’ll give him the points. I read an article on the Sun website that said only two people will likely be at his interment, an ex-wife and a lawyer. His siblings won’t go, they hate him.

Vince Reffet, ‘Jetman’ pilot, dies in training accident. He was 36.

So does Sweetpapalapa get some points or not? Bobby Brown, Jr. died.

Was he really known for anything other than being Bobby Brown’s kid? I don’t think he was Whitney’s kid, but he was on his dad’s reality show.

I’m inclined to say no, since he didn’t specify which Bobby Brown, and his father’s the one who has the name recognition.

Well, there’s also Bobbie Brown the model , but that’s spelled differently.

If not otherwise specified, deeming the pick to be the most famous person with that name (with ‘most famous’ to be determined by other players and/or the Deathpool moderator) seems reasonable to me. Might even be worth adding to the rules.