Celebrity Deathpool 2000

The Queen Mother??

Wait a minute, she’s like - 101.

100 points minus the age…hmmm…

If she bites the dust this year, does that mean CuriousGeorge gets negative one point?

Need a ruling here I think.

Happy New Year Everyone.

BurnMeUp- No, I just want double points if he dies.

D’oh!

Change one of my Ronald Reagans (doesn’t matter which, does it?) to Christian Slater.

JMCJ

“John C., it looks like you have blended in very nicely.”
-UncleBeer

Hey Little Nemo, I do believe Kirk Douglas is already dead.

And the ChiefScott George Harrison guess tripped me right out of my jammies.

Hey! Wait a minute everybody! Is Sean “Puffy” Combs the same person as “Puff Daddy”? Please don’t laugh at my ignorance! (It’s okay to laugh at my overuse of the exclamation point!)

A few long shots in here…

Sean “Puffy” Combs
Chris Kattan (sp?-from SNL)
John Travolta
Julie Andrews
Isaiah Rider
Andy Dick
Fred Durst
Dennis Hopper
Courtney Love
Hugh Downs

Ronald Regan
Muhammad Ali
Pope John Paul II
Charles Schultz
Bob Hope
Queen Mother
Queen Elizabeth
David Brinkley
Richard Pryor
Andy Griffith
Jeffery

I haven’t come up with my list yet, but I’ll keep track of the results and post a monthly summary during the year (unless someone else is already doing this). I’ll start creating the database tomorrow, since I have the day off.

Hey, what does the winner get other than a lot of suspicion from the rest of the SDMB?

Jeffery

Yes Boris B, Sean “Puffy” Combs and Puff Daddy are one and the same. Recenly arrested in NYC for firing a gun in a nightclub…

so you found a girl who thinks really deep thoughts. what’s so amazing about really deep thoughts? Tori Amos

actually psy, he was detained because he was carrying a gun in a nightclub where a gun was fired… he was being questioned and was detained because he didn’t have proper registration but the gunhad not been fired.

She caught your eye like one of those pointy hook latches that used to dangle from screen doors and would fly up whenever you banged the door open again.

1- Ronald Reagan
2- Nancy Reagan
3- The Queen Mum
4- Pope John Paul II
5- Boris Yeltsin
6- George Plimpton (he doesn’t look so good lately)
7- Tom Lasorda (ditto Tommy)
8- Bob Hope
9- Frank Gifford
10- Puff Daddy

The Dave-Guy
“since my daughter’s only half-Jewish, can she go in up to her knees?” J.H. Marx

1. Conan O’Brien
  2. Cal Ripkin Jr.
  3. Janine Garafalo
  4. Dolly Parton
  5. Tom Selleck
  6. Katie Couric
  7. Michael Jackson
  8. Bill Cosby
  9. Jack Nicholson
  10. Woody Allen

Nope, still alive. Just released a new movie too. He did have a stroke a few years ago, though.

TT

“Believe those who seek the truth.
Doubt those who find it.” --Andre Gide

Ron Reagan
Pope J.P. II
Boris Yeltsin
Art Alexis (from Everclear)
MacCaulay Culkin
Mario Cippolini (Bicyclist. in any case, I say somebody dies in one of the Tours next summer)
Iggy Pop
Vaclav Havel
Perry Farrell
Ben Netanyahu

Well, which big star with sons that act too just died recently? Was it Lloyd Bridges? Yoinks. Got to start watching Entertainment Tonight more often.

Cristi - I’m fairly sure Kirk Douglas is still alive, albeit very ill. A quick online search found no reference to his death.

Jeffery - The right to go “Nyaah, nyaah, I win” and do a superior dance is its own reward. Of course if people want to chip in for a trophy, I’m game.

Chief - What? You couldn’t have knifed Elizabeth Taylor and gotten points for both of us?

Gilligan - Any help would be greatly appreciated. I was sort of figuring everyone could keep track of their own picks and post as they accumulated points.

You know, I’m kind of sick of these outrageous accusations against the Chief. He’s familiar enough around here that everyone should know by now that if he have stabbed somebody, he’d have finished the job. < g >

That said:

George Bush the elder
Dick Clark
Walter Cronkite
Snoop Doggy Dog
Rudolph Giuliani
Alan Greenspan
Saddam Hussein
John Madden
John Cardinal O’Connor
Joe Piscobo

Livin’ on Tums, Vitamin E and Rogaine

Ahhh, yes, my favorite time of year " Who’s Gunna croak in the next year."

My picks, in random order are:

1. Milton Berle
  2. Bob Hope
  3. Harry Morgan ( That’s Colonel Potter, to you.)
  4. Sir Alec Guiness.(“Use the force.”)
    5)Abe Vigoda ( “It’s business.”)
    6)Buddy Ebsen ( Jed Clampett)
  5. Sir John Gielgud
    8)Katherine Hepburn
  6. Ricardo Montalban.
  7. Queen Elizabeth II ( Her mother will never die, I’ve decided.)

I think we should have a mandatory one pick from the under 35 crowd. Kind of a Fantasy Pick:

Mine is: Adam Sandler.

And of course, the obligatory catagory: Whomever is in charge of Israel, Palestine or some small Russian Independant State and anyone who has ever been on the cast for Saturday Night Live.

ohh, this is tough.

First, the ones I think will actually die:

1. Muhammed Ali
  2. Dudley Moore
  3. Ron Reagan
  4. Liz Taylor
  5. Arnold Schwartzenegger

Wishful thinking:

1. Darryl Strawberry
  2. Dennis Rodman
  3. Celine Dion
  4. Mariah Carey
  5. Michael Jackson

I don’t know why anyone’s guessing Magic Johnson, he’ll probably outlive us all, HIV or no.

“Witnesses said
the chained helmets,
which directly faced each
other on their platforms,
seemed increasingly angry
and agitated in the
moments leading up to the
disaster.”

Ohhh, Celine Dion and Mariah Carey, can they both die? Please? I’ll give up all my points of this comes true.

Good guesses, all, except for one. Keith Richards is not going to die. After Armageddon, what will remain will be cockroaches and him.

Remember, I’m pulling for you; we’re all in this together.
—Red Green