Celebrity Deathpool 2001

I think that I’ll probably revise my list to include some clebs already infirm and take off some of the long shots like Todd Bridges. But here it is.

1. Todd Bridges
  2. Robert Byrd
  3. The Pope
  4. Gary Busey
  5. Dudley Moore
  6. Robert Downey Jr.
  7. Richard Pryor
  8. Cris Kirkwood (fmr. bassest fr. the Meat Puppets)
  9. Liza Minelli
  10. Kirk Douglas
  11. Scott Weiland
  12. Jerry Lewis
  13. Johnny Carson

Matt

1. Robert Downey Jr.
  2. Michael Douglas (doesn’t CZJ look great in black?)
  3. Gary Busey
  4. John Goodman
  5. Dan Ackroyd
  6. Axl Rose
  7. Dick Cheney
  8. The President of the U.S .(My roommate is convinced that whoever takes office will be assassinated, can I choose the office, or do I have to play psychic and figure out who will be inaugurated?)
  9. Jack Lemmon
  10. Anna Nicole Smith
  11. Mariah Carey (I can dream, can’t I?)
  12. Carol Channing
  13. Rosie O’Donnell (she has pissed a lot of people off lately)

I had originally chosen Deion Sanders just because I wanted a recent athlete in my list, but I just realized there are some much more likely candidates that still meet my criteria. So I would like to change my #3 choice to Daryl Strawberry.

My updated list:

1. Ronald Reagan (seems like a gimme)
  2. Norm McDonald
  3. Daryl Strawberry
  4. Rodney Dangerfield
  5. Hume Cronyn
  6. Boris Yeltsin
  7. Abe Vigoda (just so I don’t have to think “isn’t he dead?” every time I see him in another movie)
  8. Jackie Chan (stunt gone horrbly wrong)
  9. Kiichi Miyazawa (former Japan PM and current Finance Minister. Old as dirt and in a stressful job)
  10. Michael J. Fox
  11. McCauley Culkin
  12. Gallagher (more of a wish than a prediction)
  13. Dennis Leary (heart attack)

–sublight

I’ve tried to pick 13 who nobody else has picked yet.

Francis Ford Coppola
Alberto Fujimori
Christian Slater
The Dalai Lama
Colin Powell
Ariel Sharon
Derek Jacobi
Rupert Murdoch
Michael Milken
Madonna
Jack Palance
Charlton Heston
Oprah

BTW, has anyone read Lawrence Block’s short story, “When This Man Dies”? Sobering for any of our participants.

Whoops, yeah that guy.

[QUOTE]
*Originally posted by Montfort *

:slight_smile: Hi!

I’m still mulling over my list… sigh I’m so out of the loop on celebrity gossip!

I got him first. :slight_smile:

Dang, how’d I miss that one? Oh well, maybe we’ll both luck out . . .

OK, be honest…how many of these are legitimate picks and how many of them are wishful thinking??

There’s not a single person on my list who I want dead, honest. If I were picking that way, John Eric King, Tim McVeigh, and Jesse Helms would head my list, though the first two aren’t eligible under the rules.

This just isn’t your day Danimal. Jack Palance is dead.

1. Ronald Reagan (said with much pain and dread)
  2. Lady Bird Johnson
  3. Walter Cronkite
  4. John Goodman
  5. Dom Deluise
  6. Robert Downey Jr.
  7. Al Mcguire
  8. Ed Begley
  9. Kirk Douglas
  10. Muhammed Ali
  11. Dudley Moore
  12. Darryl Strwaberry
  13. Rosa Parks

Jack Palance is still kicking. He’d prolly give you a swift kick himself for trying to bury him early. :slight_smile:

[ul]
[li]1- Ted Williams[/li][li]2- John Lee Hooker[/li][li]3- Ronald Reagan[/li][li]4- Robert Downey Jr.:eerie repeat of his death scene in Less Than Zero[/li][li]5- Richard Harris[/li][li]6- Bob Dever: Little buddy! horrible coconut tree accident[/li][li]7- Robert Duvall[/li][li]8- James Garner[/li][li]9- Russ Meyer: big hooter maven, falls prey to Amazon Women On the Moon curse and that was a parody of…[/li][li]10- Zsa Zsa Gabor: Queen of Outer Space curse.[/li][li]11- Vampira: Plan 9 from Outer Space curse.[/li][li]12- Rosemary Clooney: Conquest of Space curse.[/li][li]13- Kevin Spacey: my longshot, but part of the whole space thing.[/li][/ul]

[QUOTE]
*Originally posted by Danimal *

I don’t know who John Eric King is, but McVeigh is elligible, just as long as he dies in some way other than his official execution. Slipping in the shower and cracking his head on the faucet would give about 65 points.

My wishful thinking? Well, I guess I don’t sincerely wish Gallagher dead, but I suppose I wouldn’t mind if his mouth were accidentally sewn shut.

–sublight.

I guess this isn’t my day. As a matter of fact, this whole week has been off.

Oh well.

JavaMaven1, your right. Jack is storming along at the ripe old age of 81.

I could have sworn I heard Billy Crystal commenting on how much he missed him.

[list=1]
[li]Jack Nicholson[/li][li]Mickey Rourke[/li][li]Robert Downey Jr.[/li][li]Rhea Perlman[/li][li]Muhammed Ali[/li][li]Garrison Hearst[/li][li]Bobby Labonte[/li][li]Ted Kennedy[/li][li]Daryl Strawberry[/li][li]Marion ‘Shug’ Knight[/li][li]Perry Farrell[/li][li]Dan Akroyd[/li][li]The Pope[/li][/list=1]

[QUOTE]
*Originally posted by Sublight *

Not surprising, since I misremembered his name. It’s actually John William King, who was the chief perpetrator in the Jasper, Texas murder of James Byrd.

I sincerely apologize for being so indecisive here, but I’m going to change my list again. Gallagher was kind of a mean-spirited throwaway, so I’ll replace him with junk bond guru and terminal cancer patient, Michael Milkin.

1. Ronald Reagan (seems like a gimme)
  2. Norm McDonald
  3. Daryl Strawberry
  4. Rodney Dangerfield
  5. Hume Cronyn
  6. Boris Yeltsin
  7. Abe Vigoda (just so I don’t have to think “isn’t he dead?” every time I see him in another movie)
  8. Jackie Chan (stunt gone horrbly wrong)
  9. Kiichi Miyazawa (former Japan PM and current Finance Minister. Old as dirt and in a stressful job)
  10. Michael J. Fox
  11. McCauley Culkin
  12. Michael Milkin
  13. Dennis Leary (heart attack)

Again, I apologize to the organizer(s) of Deathpool 2001 for the inconvenience.

–sublight.

Here are my “lucky” 13:

1. Robert Downey Jr. (gee, everyone picked him)
  2. Dick Cheney (heart atack, either way)
  3. Chevy Chase (obligatory SNL thing)
  4. Ronald Reagan (this time, for sure!)
  5. Hugh Downs (he’s like, old, and stuff)
  6. Rosa Parks (again, old and feeble)
  7. Rush Limbaugh (just want to profit from his death:p)
  8. Michael Moriarity (deranged ex-actor)
  9. David Brinkley (older than Hugh Downs)
  10. Eric Harris (Columbine shooter)
  11. Burt Reynolds (car accident)
  12. Pope John Paul II (another old guy)
  13. Gerald Ford (Bad year for republicans)