Chamomile Herbal Tea

Any fans of Chamomile Tea? :wink:

Does it calm your nerves and help you sleep?

Calm an upset stomach?

Or do you drink it just because it tastes good?

I started drinking it to help my irritable stomach. I’m not sure if it helps much. But, I did discover I love the taste. :slight_smile:

I drink Traditional Medicinals Organic Chamomile. Do other brands taste about the same?

What’s your experience or comments?

I generally drink chamomile tea because I like it. However… when I was in Germany once I had some sort of ear, nose or throat issue (I don’t remember which now, maybe all of the above) and the doctor told me to stew some chamomile tea and breathe it in. It seemed to work, but I don’t know if it was just the steam doing the trick, though.

Also, I remember reading a story as a young child about Peter Rabbit. He got in some sort of bunny vs. farmer trouble, I recall, and at the end of his terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day, his mom made him some chamomile tea. Ever since then, I associate it with comfort. Add to that the fact that the Celestial Seasonings “Sleepytime” tea has chamomile in it, well you’ve got a lovely brew of the power of suggestion to lull me into a calm, drowsy state. I love drinking it at nighttime for that reason.

I love chamomile tea (usually Celestial Seasonings). I actually DO find it very soothing and relaxing to both head and stomach (don’t know if it’s psychological or what). I like the smell better than CS Tension Tamer Tea, which has a mixture of supposedly stress-relieving herbs.