Celestial Seasonings Tension Tamer Tea

I bought a box of this tea which contains a few traditional ‘calming’ herbal ingredients. Eleuthero (Siberian ginseng), chamomile, tilia flowers, West Indian lemongrass, and licoriice, ginger, and cinnamon. It’s mildly soothing to drink, and I didn’t expect it to actually tame any tension. I left a bag steeping in a half cup of water, fell asleep, and this morning I drank the tincture in the cup. Not only did I fall back into a deep sleep but I had the most vivid dream! I’m wondering if it was just a coincidence or there was really something in it strong enoughg, that would have that effect. Have you ever drunk Tension Tamer Tea and did it actually make you relaxed/sleepy/not-tense? Just curious!

Moving thread from IMHO to Cafe Society.

I drink it pretty often, and it puts me to sleep like nothing else. It’s kind of intense.

I drink it from time to time. I wouldn’t say it puts me to sleep, but it definitely helps me get to a place where getting to sleep is easier. And I don’t know if it’s the placebo effect or if it’s for real, but whenever I’ve taken it because I’m stressed, I do find that it helps me settle a bit.

It tastes like shit, though.

I add honey to help the taste, and it’s very helpful when I’m really stressed.

I picked some up when I visited the Celestial Seasonings factory a couple years ago and yes, I found that drinking it is better than a shot of whiskey!