Chandra Levy - you slut, you

I thought the prevailing assumption was that Condit didn’t kill Chandra, just that he was a total asshole in handling the situation.

As for the irrelevent attractiveness comment, I totally think she was cute, and just looking at some pictures now, I really don’t see where a nose job would be necessary. I’m not trying to be politically correct, or trying to suck up to the chicks here, I just don’t see where a nosejob would be necessary.

AWB, If Chandra’s your definition of “fugly,” I’m curious to see what supermodels you hang out with.

I’m SOOO tempted to do a parody of the “fugly” kind of quotes which relates them to the deaths of famous males (or even infamous ones whose only claim to fame is the public manner of their death).

But I won’t, because those who would appreciate the irony will already be thinking that way, and it ain’t worth getting warned for posting something directed at those who cannot…

This is one of the most tasteless posts I have ever read on this board. You are pissed at the media for showing it so you insult the victim.

Makes sense…:rolleyes:

It doesn’t really matter whether she was beautiful or not.

It doesn’t really matter whether she was a “slut” or not.

It doesn’t really matter that she wasn’t important, or successful, or whatever.

It doesn’t even matter that her case got extra limelight.

She was brutally murdered, and no one deserves that.

I’d really prefer that a male did the parody of these posts substituting the name of a recently murdered “not famous until they went missing” male, and making the appropriate comment about the male murder victim’s looks, past sexual habits, etc…

But if no male has done it by tomorrow morning when I come back online, then I’ll do it just to illustrate the absurdity and offensiveness of these comments.

That’s just a rancid smelling “Please flame me Please Please Please” piece of shit comment.

If not, you need to get a clue because you obviously don’t have a single one.

I think her death is sad.

However, I think most of the nation is going to have to buy brand new irony meters (given the resulting furor) if the forensics team discovers that, while jogging or trying to look at a bird’s nest or something, she stumbled off a ledge and broke her own neck.

:rolleyes:

Thank you reprise for giving us both a gender specific homework assignment and YOUR plans for the next day.

I wasn’t sure how I was going to make it through the day with some structure.

Sinyster1, have you shown us any evidence that you have a mind?

I agree…still the press/media/assholes (pick one) are making a mockery of ‘news’.

Q. Yadda, yadda, yadda … for what???

A. So Greta, Geraldo, etc. can get their ugly mug and 'pinions out there.
:rolleyes:

Let me echo tomndebb’s theory.

It seems more likely that Miss Levey may have accidently caused her own demise. This does not lessen the tragedy of a young life lost.

I think Condit was initially less than truthfull about his involvement with her but I seem to remember he has a reputation for being a serial womanizer. Just because he had an affair with her does not mean he killed her.

Her internship had been revoked because she had finished her education and she was in the process of tying up loose ends and scheduled to leave Washington within the week. (perhaps Mr Condit had something to do with getting the internship revoked as a way to get free of her but that is merely speculation on my part)

At any rate given the intense scrutiny of this case, it just doesn’t seem plausible that if she had been murdered someone would have just left the body there. There are better undiscoverable ways to dispose of a body if one wished it.

As for the two asshats who think it is OK to bash the dead person because they feel she didn’t meet their high standards of beauty, Fuck you, you miserable, ignorant piles of human excrement. How would you feel if it was your sister/mother/cousin/child that someone was talking about the way you are discussing these poor victims. It takes a special kind of miserable piece of trash to this level of crudeness.

It would serve you right if you contracted some nasty uncurable disease from some woman so lucky as to be deemed acceptable by you. I hope your dicks rot off. You miserable pieces of trash.

Jesus Christ, you are such a fucking tool it boggles the mind!

Be pissed at the media for flooding you with information. Be pissed at the murderer who took this girl’s life (if that’s indeed what happened). Be pissed at life in general for allowing such a gruesome scene to happen. But who the fuck are you to question or make assumptions about the integrity of the person. And by the way, whether she was but ugly or gorgeous, it doesn’t matter at this point: she is a pile of bones. And her family has to deal with it.

This is just disturbing. No other word for it. Just when I thought the OP couldn’t get any worse.

Sinyster1, you need to do a little research before playing “martyr”. Every last one of us was a newbie, and we each and everyone of us spoke our minds. Some of us even posted really stupid and inflamitory posts, only to get slapped around a bit. Eventually, most everyone learned how to think before posting.

Stick around a bit, and you might learn how to, also.

So, because you aren’t attracted to her, she isn’t tolerable?

1. Fuck you with a rusty diving bell.
  2. Important lesson in life: that someone is not gawjus to you does not mean she point-blank isn’t attractive, ever, period. To modernize an old phrase, one person’s fugly is another person’s fabulous.
  3. Now that you’re more used to it, fuck you with a larger, rustier diving bell.

“Well, if she were a pretty face, then I could deal with all that mdeia attention on her being missing for a year, then being discovered dead. But if you’re just going to show me this ugly little slut … I’m sorry, this is intolerable.”

There ain’t a big enough :rolleyes: for ya, AWB.

Good lord!

AWB, here is an entire meatlocker’s worth of hanging beef. I’d like you to take this with you when the time comes to meet your maker.

Fifteen seconds later, I’ll throw the biggest barbecue the world has ever seen.

I’m tellin’ you, a girl could get her feelings hurt around here…

Ouch.

Yikes!

Ah, wait, the saving grace…

Sniff Thanks… but I still don’t rank with the supermodels? Damn. Ah, well, they’re all too friggin’ skinny anyway.

Anyway, as tasteless as the OP may have been (and as much as we’re losing sight of what matters here–that a girl is dead and her family is suffering), I think there’s room here for commentary on what it says about our society that:

a) somehow a woman’s life is slightly more valuable–and her death more tragic–if she’s “attractive” (because come on–as fucked up as it is to say, AWB can hardly be the only one thinking this way), therefore

b) the media do tend to include adjectives like “pretty”, “popular”, and “innocent” in news stories about young girls who are dead or missing, to heighten the tragic effect (as if kidnapping, murder, etc. weren’t tragic enough), because fewer people would be moved by the death of a Plain Jane.

Am I suggesting that the news articles instead say, “She was slightly overweight and had acne and a lazy eye”?

God no.

I’m just saying that attitudes like AWB’s and Synister’s don’t exist in a vacuum, and that’s largely due to the fact that reprise is right; news about a young MAN who dies tragically are generally NOT accompanied by an assessment of his appearance (except in the case of, maybe, JFK Jr., and even then, it was just part of the young/successful/good guy package).

I think it’s fucked up.

But that don’t make it any less true.

How moronic is it to blame Chandra for the media shitstorm? She’s been dead since before any of us ever heard her name.

Her personal life would never have been up for any of our consideration if she hadn’t been killed. I’d say Condit is the “slut” in question, she wasn’t the one with a wife and a girlfriend, now was she?

What, are you jealous because you’re afraid you’ll be dead in your apartment for a year before anyone notices you’re gone?

Her death is just sad.

Your reaction is just pathetic.

Perhaps you could register with the media your preference for lurid stories involving dead pretty girls (preferably prepubescent) and ask them to stop annoying you with stories about dead ugly ones.

I dunno, I still run into a fair number of commentators and political cartoonists who like to insinuate that Condit:Levy::O.J. Simpson:Nicole :rolleyes: Most of them tend to be conservative, which leads me to believe they’re just raggin’ on Condit because he’s a Democrat.

And, of course, the media continues to play up Condit’s actions in this whole mess, even though (as you said) he’s pretty irrelevant to the matter at this point.

I think that this is the truly rantworthy part of the Chandra Levy debacle. D.C. has one of the worst homicide closure rates yet have diverted most of their resources to this.