Chandra Levy - you slut, you

Hey - the truth hurts. Not that it really should matter anymore. The girl is dead, her family is heartbroken, after all. It’s more important to figure out why and how this tragic end happened.

But, any woman who dallies with a married man (in hopes of marrying him herself, and taking him away from his wife) is a “nit”, IMO. The married man who gets involved with a “nit”, well, I have far harsher words for such a man.

That still doesn’t make the tragedy any less sad, and it doesn’t mean that this girl was a horrible person. It’s just sad, that’s all.

What she said.

I mean, seriously-even if someone was the Whore of Babylon, does that mean she deserved to die the way she did?

Just to add one point re: her being a slut. As snermy pointed out, she did not commit adultery. She did not even commit a sin in sleeping with a married man. Condit was the adulterer, Condit was the sleazebag in power who responded to her alleged fawning. But that does not make him a murderer, etc. etc.

Pull your head out, AWB. I opened this thread thinking it was going to be a rant about someone whose attitudes where paraphrased in the subject-line.

A pox on your reproductive organs. I wish early incontinence on you. In short, piss off.

Hey - the truth hurts. Not that it really should matter anymore. The girl is dead, her family is heartbroken, after all. It’s more important to figure out why and how this tragic end happened.

But, any woman who dallies with a married man (in hopes of marrying him herself, and taking him away from his wife) is a “nit”, IMO. The married man who gets involved with a “nit”, well, I have far harsher words for such a man.

That still doesn’t make the tragedy any less sad, and it doesn’t mean that this girl was a horrible person. It’s just sad, that’s all. **
[/QUOTE]

Oh, I’m not disagreeing with you. That was my lame attempt to lighten the mood around here, since my name is Chandra, too. I guess I didn’t make that too clear.

Now, if you’re callin’ me a nit…

Not that there’s a good way to die, but I thought the point was that we didn’t know how she did…

edwino depending on who’se defining the term ‘adultery’, it’s possible that Chandra did not commit it. However, as far as my understanding of basic Christian laws, sleeping w/a married man (or more specifically sleeping w/ anyone who is not your legal spouse) is most likely defined as a sin.

and, the cause of death has not been publicized as yet (may not ever be able to be determined in fact), so it’s a bit premature to say she was murdered. Tho’ that fact of course has not stoped the talking heads on tv from going over minutely his time line of activity, concluding that he didn’t account for every possible second, then also pointing out that even if he did account for every second, that doesn’t mean he wasn’t involved since he could have hired some one and it’ll be impossible to determine a narrow window of time of death.

Yes, I feel for the parents. I frankly, tho’ feel more for the parents of all the other victims who’s profile wasn’t splashy enough to get this much investigatory attention.

I know a whole bunch of posters who really need a hug:(

C’mon everybody, quit spewing that bile and let’s get along:)

So, I finally track down the right size hole saw. I drive down to the hardware store and buy it. $12.00! It was practicly the most expensive one there. They had kits with 5 diff sizes for $7 but not with the size I needed, so I had to shell out the cash. I get it back to the shop and the dohicky that holds the bit in the center is completly locked up! I end up tearing it up trying to secure the bit. I end up drilling it out and tapping threads to put a bolt in. What a major hassle just to drill 3 stinkin’ holes in a piece of aluminum!

(this is the most redeeming post in this thread) :frowning:

AWB, this is pretty ugly. Even if this IS the Pit, there are some things that shouldn’t be shared. I’m closing this thread.

Lynn