Charlie Webster blames Romney's loss on Mystery Black People:

:rolleyes: No, no, no, the story got garbled before Webster heard it; it was the Men in Black.

But you have to admit, if it actually happened, it would be pretty despicable!

Certainly the alternative - that some white Republicans in Maine don’t know their black neighbors - is too preposterous to contemplate.

Oh please, you can’t prove that. But if my hypothetical busloads of people were actually bussed in to swing the election, that would look pretty bad for the Democrat party, right?

If my hypothetical saucerloads of alien pod people brought from Obama’s secret moon base were actually flown in to swing the election, that would look pretty bad for the Democratic Party, too.

Oh, my bad. The Democrat Party. Sorry. The DemocRAT Party. I never get what the kids are saying right.

So maybe this guy has simply never been to Lewiston. Whole buncha Somalis there, nice folks too.

Well, yes – it would certainly look bad for the Democrats if they were actually stupid enough to bring highly conspicuous fake voters to venues where they would be particularly easy to spot.

Hey, Rafalca ain’t getting any younger, and it’s never too early to get yourself lined up to fill a future job opening.

Ayuh, couple years back a big feller, 7 feet tall, completely covered in hair head to toe like some kind of Chewbacca, lives way out in the woods and don’t get out much, well I run into him and we shared a few words, and I seem to recall him mentionin’ something about large numbers of black people living even farther out into the woods. He claimed to have photographed them but at the time I thought he must be crazy and I just kinda talked my way outta there. I suppose if you were friendly enough you might be able to talk to him too, and maybe he’ll show you what he claims are photographs of these “black people”. Still not sure I believe it though, even after all the strange things that a been happening round these parts.

It sure would be interesting to see the home addresses used on those registrations… and how all these ‘strangers’ got on the registration lists.

It isn’t like they can just unload a busload of people and send them into the polls. That’s what all that registration stuff is about. And, at least around here, I think they actually do use the Post Office address validation stuff.

No,no, that would be too much work. Better to just assume the Democrats won Maine through voter fraud.

Prolly the Black Panther’s doing.

Simpsons joke or not, I’ve always thought this was as good a brief description of democracy as any I’d ever heard.

This would be the most cunning plan ever.
My mind just boggles at the level of effort (and desperation) it would take to register and then transport multiple busloads of (very conspicuous) people five or six hours into rural Maine in order to attempt to win … 1 electoral vote. The Press was calling it a nail-biter, but I’m not sure it ever looked close enough for Maine to be an issue.

Actually, he didn’t blame the loss on mystery black people.

Was he Just Asking Questions?

Maybe he was Concerned.

I knew a black person when I was attending college in Orono (Maine). And he was from…Kenya! I bet they had all the Kenyan grad students fly their families in to vote for Obama. Be just like them.

Bobby Jindal seems to have lobbed the first grenade into this mess. It seems he was addressing Romney, not Webster, though. I expect the Tea Party to launch RPGs at anything that moves in the next few days.

I’m nominating this for Best Satirical Use of the Singular for the year.

And then what? A bunch of “bussed in” votors walk up to the voting registrar, who notes that they’re not on the list, and then they go home? You have to show ID and proof of residency to register at the polls in Maine. Sure, you could use fakes, but it would be almost immediately uncovered.

It would be easy enough to check if there are black residents of the towns in question…except that nobody making the accusation is willing to even name the towns.

There’s no story here. But to answer your question, yes. It would make the Democrat party look very bad – and especially incompetent at rigging elections. So would Obama eating a kitten on live TV, but that didn’t happen, either.

The Maine guy may not have been specific, but some of the “disputed” districts have been named. They’re nearly all-black urban areas. There are a few areas where Obama got zero votes or nearly zero votes, but for some reason Democrats are not using those as proof of voter fraud by Romney.

Republicans demand Senate hearings on KittenGate.