Cheap glass spice jars in bulk!

Baby food jars aren’t designed to be resealable. They don’t twist quite right and you can’t get the jars airtight, meaning your spices will go bad faster. I bought jars from http://www.specialtybottle.com/, which sells in bulk and individual without going crazy on the shipping. By the way, do you already have many 2oz jars? I ask because they don’t hold nearly as much as you might think. 4oz is OK but I can go through it pretty quickly.

Report? “Hey, let’s start an account and immediately answer a question from months ago with a link to somewhere else! Yay!”

Yep, I reported it. As you said, it reads like an ad, and the posting circumstances are a little sketchy.

I got a bunch of flip-top jars at Old Time Pottery to use for spices, I don’t recall how much they were but it was incredibly reasonable.

Ironic, however, that the first reply to the OP’s question was a link to Penzey’s.

Damn! I was going to tell them to go to Dollarama (or the US equivalent). They sell glass spice jars for three for a dollar with plastic lids but the lids have a rubber flange so they seem to seal well.

I actually get old spice jars from my parents. They buy the expensive jars every time. I just run them through the dishwasher and fill them as needed.

Nah. That was a timely reply to a question, and not by a poster who signed up specifically to answer that question and, apparantly, nothing else.