Cheese, but not Easy

What’s the best generic, non-trademarked name to use for products such as Kraft Easy Cheese ?

After some quick Googling, it seems like “aerosol cheese” is the most popular name used on the Internet, but I don’t particularly like that term, because the stuff isn’t really an aerosol, is it? (And thank goodness it isn’t–can you imagine an orange cloud of that goop hanging in mid-air?)

Likewise, “spray cheese” seems wrong to me. I’m leaning towards “pressurized cheese”, but if there’s some term of art used in the cheese business or government regulations, I’d like to hear about it.

I always called it ‘plastic cheese’. But I doubt that’s a popular term in the industry. :slight_smile:

Well, it is an aerosol, so “aerosol cheese” is correct.

Whatever you call it, don’t call it cheese!!!

I’ve never seen anything like that before, and I’m horiffied. Just a glance at the list of ingredients on the page cited is enough to tell me that it’s not going to taste anything like cheese,


My best friend calls it blow cheese…

I suggest Aerosmeg™

Damn, you said non-trademarked, didn’t you?

OK, Pressure-Dispensed Smegma, or PDS to the trade.