Chem/Phys/Eng Folk: EZ Units Question

I am working with two constants, one has units of W/m^2-C and the other is W/m^2-K^4. This bugs me because K=C+273 as opposed to most other conversions…

Is there a way to find how to adjust W/m^2-C to W/m^2-K?
It’s probably staring me in the face, but something about it bugs me…

Please help!

  • Jinx

Maybe it’s as simple as just plugging in temp in Kelvin and simply change the C to a K so it reads m^2-K? …I’m going brain dead!

Please confirm!

Ok, I’m chatting with myself here, but to correct myself, the above is simply wrong. However, to answer myself, ultimately I am plugging into a formula that uses dT, not just T, so dT in Celcius = dT in Kelvin, hence it won’t matter.

Thanks for your help, Jinx! :wink:

  • Jinx

I agree, K = C in this context. Which looks like a heat transfer coefficient “h”.

It really depends on the formula. If the formula contains the difference in two temperatures then C and K are the same. Like say a heat flow formula. If it is instead a like PV=nRT then C and K are not the same.