Chicago chapter SDMB vomit fest

Ok, Omni – Better bring your sleeping bag. Since I’m running taxi service (I think), and I’m paranoid about being late for things, you’ll see me through the window eating waffles as you walk up to the door. :wink:

“I guess it is possible for one person to make a difference, although most of the time they probably shouldn’t.”

Omni asked

they actually open around noon or 1 for Sunday brunch, but I don’t think I’d be comfortable drinking that early in the day. I think 6ish is good. I come from the “want to get there early as not to miss anything, but I’m late for everything” school, and so if we agree on 6 I should be there by 7.

Okay, let’s bring this pimple to a head.

I’ll be sitting at the bar at The Bird’s Nest at 5:00pm local time on Sunday, November 21, 1999. I’ll be the 6’ tall, 200 lb. guy with black hair, mustache and glasses. Sorry, but the chicken suit is at the dry cleaner; It got a bit soiled in Columbus.

Oh yeah, and a paper bag full of Vernor’s for The Ukelele.

See ya all there!

Dopeler effect:
The tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter when they come at you rapidly.

I’ll try to get there around six; I have to help a friend shop for wedding dresses that afternoon, but I’ll try to get in as early as I can.

Gaudere, you have some very nice artwork on your website. I’m impressed. I have a friend here in Toledo who does similar work; if you want to take a look at it go here:
www.mockensturm.com

Dopeler effect:

Up ye go, and home I go.

Dopeler effect:

Is it time for us to figure out how we’re going to recognize each other this coming Sunday, November 21, at 6 pm? (was that too obvious?)

I’ll be the 5’7" blonde w/ blue-green eyes that shows up late.

Oh yeah, and who wants to volunteer to take notes?

Goodness… how will we find each other? Ummm… Maybe I should wear a tuxedo or something so I’m obvious :smiley:

“I guess it is possible for one person to make a difference, although most of the time they probably shouldn’t.”

Thanks, Unclebeer! Your friend is an excellent artist; I like the site. Reminds me that I have to get some more practice in life drawing again. I can sketch the statues in the Art Institute, but it’s just not the same.

Scroll back, guys…I don’t think we’ll have all THAT much trouble identifying each other.

I’m the 6 foot, 180-lb. blond-haired guy with NO moustache (glasses, though) on the stool next to UncleBeer.

Uke

Yeah, there was absolutely no problem identifying the Columbus group. Just head for the loudest noise and biggest pile of empty beer glasses.

Dopeler effect:

I’ll be walking in with Boli, Jophiel, and possibly, Neobican. I have never seen Jophiel, however…Neo looks like a roadie for an 80’s hair band, boli is tall, but rather conservative and preppy-looking, and I…well…

I’ll be the really short, bespectacled and box-shaped girl with funny hair and a cigarette permanently attached to my face.

I’ll be the one shouting, “Hey, 's is where the Dope’s at?”

I’ll be the one who promptly walks up to the bar and orders a Lemon Drop (Citron) and a cherry Coke with extra cherries.

If you can’t find me, I don’t want to play with you anyway.

“…all the prettiest girls live in Des Moines…”
–Jack Kerouac, On the Road

Yeah, what Chris said. But I’m still trying to figure out if being “tall, but rather conservative and preppy-looking” is good or bad! And does it imply that tall people aren’t USUALLY conservative and preppy-looking?

:Memo to self: don’t forget to pack the red feather boa, rhinestone-encrusted purse, spike heels, and the whip.

Oh yeah, and if Bird is bartending, you can always ask him if I’m there. But you have to ask for Valerie, not Val. This is because I’m kind of a jerk about it :slight_smile:

So, to recap, I’ll be looking for Uncle Beer and Uke, Chris, Boli, and maybe Neobican, maybe Kat, Veb, Gaudere, Random, Ommi, Beefymeg, Android?, Jophiel, and possibly a few others from the old thread? Holy crap. Anyone arriving late, just look for a HUGE group of people.

Vidiprinter*

Boss is away that day, can come out to play…woohooo!

Back to the top…the clock is ticking :D.

Well, i for one, am dead excited.
Reasons

1. I consider myself a pretty much anonymous Doper, don’t post much due to a lack of time, and little in the way of original thoughts.
  2. I never ever before met anyone from the net
  3. I think that it’ll be cool to meet a few worldly-wise people, being young and naive that is.
  4. I Love beer
  5. I wanna meet…UncleBeer, Ukulele Ike, Omniscient (of course), Valerieblaise, ChrisCTP, and others too numerous to mention…wanna meet Satan one day too…before i expire, preferably.
    See ya soon folks
    Andy, aka android

Ditto, for me too, but I don’t think I’m quite so anonymous…I piss too many people off for that.

Not too sure why I got the (of course) added to my mention, but I’m assuming its a good thing.

Omniscient, you’re a thousand posting god!
Looking at the time of posting, now I know why I have no recollection of posting my previous…
Damn Tiki Lounge.