Chick Fil A chicken isn't anything special

Hey, people who are accused of being homophobic scumsuckers and respond “but it’s damn good chicken!”: your taste is as bad as the black velvet NASCAR paintings on the wall of your trailer would indicate.

It’s shitty fast food chicken. It has pickles on it, which don’t go with chicken at all. It’s not as good as the chicken at Wendy’s, which in turn is not as good as chicken you can get from the grocery store, because FAST FOOD IS SHIT.

No one would be singing the effusive praises of this unremarkable assembly-line junk food if it weren’t associated with their Southern childhood. Not everyone who likes Chick Fil A is a homophobe, or a Christian, or even a conservative (though a disproportionate number are). But everyone who insists on pointing out that it’s the fucking self-actualized top of the food pyramid is confusing nostalgia for the region of their upbringing with the actual quality of a goddamn foil-wrapped deep-fried glob of corn-fed crapmeat.

Do you think GI Joe is the greatest TV show of all time? Do you think Airheads are the finest dessert on earth? Do you think no baseball team in the majors today compares in heart and hustle to the Little League squad you played on? This is what thinking Chick Fil A is superior is.

But they have good southern style iced tea.

It’s fast food fried chicken, lots of people love that. No, it isn’t haute cuisine, but there are people who can enjoy haute cuisine who can also really like low brow junk food (which is basically what fast food chicken is.)

Chick-fil-A is very popular everywhere I’ve been that has locations, and most people who eat there have absolutely no idea about Chick-fil-A’s political stances. I doubt there is actually much correlation between political ideology and deciding to go into a Chick-fil-A, other than the fact lots of Chick-fil-A’s are in Southern states that often vote Republican for President (but we’re usually talking states that go like 55% Republican or 60% max, so there’s actually still a huge population in those States that aren’t Republican and many of them will eat at Chick-fil-A.)

Actually, it’s good chicken. Better than KFC, not as good as Peruvian charcoal chicken. Zagat’s rates it as the best fast food grilled chicken. If you don’t like it, who the fuck cares.

I resent the OP. I do not live in a trailer, I live in a shipping container. There is a big difference.

I suppose the chicken might feel somewhat disappointed.

Fast food may not be great, but it can be addicting. If this were Popeye’s and not Chick Fil-A, I’d be crying thinking about never having their spicy recipe again.

I haven’t eaten Chick Fil A in years because they’ve been on my boycott list. It wasn’t all that hard to add them in the first place because I never thought they were all that good.

That said I loved the sign at a KFC I drove by. ‘Delicious chicken without the hate’ It was almost enough to get me to stop in. Then I thought fried chicken isn’t delicious regardless of who serves it.

I like their chicken sandwich. It’s damn tasty. I’ve always had an uneasy relationship with them though, given their religious views, but in the past I just threw the Dobson focus on the family shit in this trash.

This recent stuff is too much. As tasty as it is, my conscience can’t take it anymore.

It’s good chicken. It’s filling and not greasy, and when your dinner is going to come from a fast food joint no matter what, it’s really one of the healthier choices.

People with boycott lists are pretentious douchebags.

I’ve got no problem never going to a Chick-Fill-A ever again, because like the OP, I think they suck anyway. But nobody better try and deprive me of my occasional Popeyes indulgence. I’d personally commit me some hate crimes to keep my Popeyes!

but with still all the guilt and shame :slight_smile:

OK, boycott me then. :stuck_out_tongue:

Better to be pretentious than a hypocrite who decries something while eagerly funneling them more money to support their overt, corporate political activities. Complaints and boycotts are the public’s sole means of making their opinion known. I’ll stop buying something if the quality is shit, why shouldn’t I stop if I think the owner is too?

It’s been quite some time since I’ve had it, and I only had it a few times even then, but I’ll somewhat agree with the OP. I wouldn’t go so far as to say it’s “shitty”, but I recall it as being decidedly mediocre. Not bad for fast food, but certainly not something worth lusting after. I’ve been just as confused through this controversy over the people refusing to give it up just because they love it so much. I just can’t imagine thinking it’s that good.

I don’t eat at Chik-Fil-A because of their sinister agenda. They may talk about “Family values” and what not, but the fact remains that chicken causes baldness and homosexuality. That’s right. Eating Chik-Fil-A will turn you gay. And bald.

I love their chicken. And I started craving it as soon as this kerfuffle hit the media.

But I’m not going to be doing business there anymore. I like the chicken sandwich at McDonald’s better anyway (prays that no one at McDonald’s says or does anything offensive).

The OP seems to be conflating personal tastes in food with homophobia. They have nothing to do with one another. Get it straight.

And the portions are so small!

Oxymoronic, if by that you mean revoltingly over-pre-sweetened tea.

Now, in a effort to show how Politically Correct and Smugly superior your are, you then became as bigoted as the owner of Chick fil-a. Sure, everyone who like a food that isnt to your taste is now trailer trash. Nice.

It’s better than most other fast food chicken I have had, or it was the last time I ate it, some 5 years ago. Not haute cuisine by any taste, but better than the new craptastic KFC recipe. Popeyes can be good, but I had had old product too many times there.

Sinister agenda? Yeah. But why not look at the top GoP donors. The GoP is anti-arbortion, gay marriage, and is trying to bring back Jim Crow laws.

I didn’t grow up in the South and I think Chik-Fil-A is perhaps the best fast food chicken per bite. Now, the sandwiches are pretty small and overpriced: that, combined with the Sunday closure preventing me from establishing a routine, and the channelling company money to hateful causes, means that I will not be purchasing from them if I can help it. But that doesn’t mean they don’t have good chicken.