Chili chocolate - what's the big deal?

I heard a few people rave about chilli infused chocolate, so I bought some Lindt chilli infused dark chocolate. I don’t get it, it just tastes like regular dark chocolate, which I like, with a vague hint of pepper spray. The old lady didn’t really care for it either. Is there some kind of mystical terreoir that I’m suppose to get out of it?

I just tried some, too, and I didn’t care for it, either. It was like eating chocolate that made my throat hurt a little bit.

Try again, with one of these.

I’m going to pine away for cherry/chili/chocolate all night now. Thanks.

I really like it, personally. I think the heat really compliments the chocolate, especially if you add some salt.

I put cocoa powder in my chili, and everyone seems to love it.

I like it. It’s not going to shatter your world, but I think the flavours go really well together. Mexican hot chocolate is a better way of getting your cocoa/chilli fix, though.

In bar form, you have to go a long way to beat sea-salt chocolate IMHO.

I’m not a big fan of any of Lindt’s bars…

For a long time the Vosges Red Fire bar was my favorite, though. Chili and cinnamon in dark chocolate. Try that, then come back to report.

I find Dagoba’s Organic Xocolotl to be pretty tasty…

I don’t like it in candy bars, but I’ve had hot chocolate powder flavored with chili that was kind of fun on a cold winter night.

How do you feel about cherries, chili, and chocolate in barbecue sauce?

Well I don’t know but I’m loathe to turn down any offers to to cook me delicious vittles. So are you, uh, offering?

:stuck_out_tongue:

Damn it. I’m hungry with no one to cook for me now. And in all seriousness that sounds strangely tasty.

I like the Lindt chili chocolate bars. There was a limited edition one with chili cherry filling a few years back. That was darned good, too.

As noted above, I also put coca powder in my chili. I also add cinnamon and a pinch of cayenne to hot chocolate.

There’s a local small-batch ice cream maker here who has a spicy chocolate ice cream on her frequent flavors list. I have a pint of that in my freezer right now. So good!

:checks profile:
Sorry, wrong coast. :slight_smile:

The Maraschino-based sauce I use is great on smoked pork shoulder.