Christian Children's Fund: "Donations From You Satanic Gamers? Lord No!"

Just for this post, the next time you fill me with murderous rage, I am going to direct the ninja velociraptors to kil & eat the person sitting next to you rather than you yourself.

Oh, thanks, now I’m thinking of his 1st edition deity and demigod style stats.

Twice a day he can gate in three role-players who act as Type VI demons.

This was, in fact, the oft repeated joke of last night’s D&D session. :smiley:

I’m not much of a D&D player, but if it’s anything similar to console RPGs…yeah, they hate the playable characters! Think about how many games actually encourage you to bust into all the NPC huts and ransack the place looking for recovery items or gold. Then you can leave the village for awhile, and repeat the process later. :wink:

Hey! Orphan Sponsorship is a really great organization - I knew a couple of Peace Corps Volunteers who worked for them in Bulgaria. (I just clicked on the link to make sure it was the same organization I was thinking of, and yup, I do in fact know the tall blond girl photographed in the Bulgaria section.) When I was first in BG, I lived very close to Dupnitsa, where Orphan Sponsorship works, and I met some of their orphans in a training event. These kids seriously need all the help they can get.

Anyway, good for you.

While I don’t think it was your intent to tie the CCF in with the Roman Catholic Church, this bit does kind of suggest it. It should be said that the CCF isn’t a Catholic organization, and the RCC doesn’t have a stance against RPGs.

Whew! I’m glad THEY do because the REST of us laugh at them.

Let me just flip on my corporate email filter goggles…

Thank you for writing to Anne Goddard and sharing your concerns. Anne was traveling when she received your email. We discussed your concern and she asked that I respond on her behalf Please know that we take your email very seriously.

Anne knows nothing about this. I’m answering her email because this isn’t worth her time.

There appears to be a misunderstanding which I would like to correct.

Holy crap, we lost money! Damn. Now I have to actually do something.

When Gen Con contacted CCF about its auction, we were pleased to accept donations.

Yay, money!

However, we couldn’t lend our name for publication because our policies have specific criteria for endorsements.

And we’re not going to tell you what they are, either, so, nyah.

We were unaware that this had caused any problem or concern for Gen Con until we began receiving emails.

Your contribution, or the lack thereof, is meaningless to us until you start whining about it.

This decision was in no way intended to be a reflection on Mr. Gygax, gaming enthusiasts or the game Dungeon and Dragons.

Who? Never heard of him.

We have the utmost respect for the gaming community and were touched by the generosity expressed through your auction.

We’d love to take your money now that this is all cleared up!

We were disappointed that we were not the recipients of the donation but we were pleased that another worthy organization benefited.

Crap.

We realize this has become a topic of discussion in the gaming community and we hope you will help us by sharing this response.

Oh noes! There’s drama on the intarwebs! Bye now!

Of course. Most PC’s don’t get killed easily by the common cat. Unless we’re talking Wizards, who can get offed by headlice.

How YOU doin’?

You obviously play the wrong sort of wizard.

pfftt. hahaha :smiley:

You win this thread.

Her? I’m going to have to ask why you haven’t introduced us, then.

Yup. She’s really, really, really devoted to Bulgaria, though. You’d probably have to go there to meet her, fair warning.

Only one thing to do, stage a coup d’état, then invade Bulgaria, and have her brought back to the States as a spoil of war!

Note to self: under no circumstances whatsoever sit next to Terrifel. :smiley:

To be honest, most people arrive at that conclusion even when velociraptors aren’t involved.

Truly a shame.

“Harvest festival” seems to be the churchy alternative, which is odd because Halloween’s name is Christian, it’s the customs that are pagan. I passed by one local church that was promoting its Harvoween festival. For just a moment I considered the possibility that they worshipped a guy named Harv.

Never liked them much. I prefer [del]walking bandaids[/del] Clerics.