"Christian" website does crowdfund for underage Kenosha shooter after GFM refuses to do it

Your turn.

David Hogg is REEEEEEALLy going out on a limb; he and a friend want to start their own pillow company and maybe put MyPillow out of business.

Good luck with that, and I do really mean it.

Yeah, Liberals are big on threatening violence and 2nd Amendment Solutions and hurting individuals…oh, wait…

He is serious danger of being inconvenienced by protest and maybe get hit by an egg ir two.

You could have repeated that without supporting the fallacious equation of sin and sinner. But you explicitly choose not to. That indicates to me that you are either not arguing in good faith, or really slow on the uptake. Since it’s the pit: probably both.

Romans 5:8

I said if, and credible. No, the left isn’t known for it, but it’s not impossible. But I was also saying that even if it were true, he needed to address it with the court.

He’ll have an opportunity to do so next week:

That’s not what he said. He pointed out, same as the rest of us, that we’re supposed to support sinners if they repent. And that this guy has not done so.

Do you really think the Christians on this board are all bad people who are trying to get you? Can it not be that we think you’re in error? Heck, can it not be that you are in error?

Your Scripture only says that Jesus died for sinners. It says he loved them. It does not at any point say he supported them.

As a Christian we’re supposed to do the opposite of supporting sin. You support people who want to repent from it and get better, and improve. You don’t look at any and all sinners and say, “It’s okay that you sin, we love you anyway, you do you, keep it up buddy.” That’s pretty much the opposite of what the Bible teaches.

Are we getting trolled here? It really feels like it. When you reference scripture and insist on the opposite of what scripture teaches, how is that not trolling?

Ain’t enough rolleyes in the 'verse.

And Romans 5:8 - yes, Christ died for us while we were yet sinners. But (as Paul goes on to say) what then? Are we to sin, because we are not under law but under grace? Of course not!

Christ died, not so that we could persist in sin, but so that our hearts could be changed. By all means, minister to Rittenhouse in his prison cell, that he may come to know Christ, and leave behind the person he was when he killed and injured those people. But if he does, that should still not exempt him from having to pay the earthly price for having needlessly ended the lives of two people.

If he were to find the Lord and live an exemplary life in prison, then when he becomes eligible for parole, the parole board should take the evidence of his changed life into account - and there should be evidence, because as James tells us, faith without works is dead. What evidence do we have of any such faith or repentance now? None whatsoever.

They just want to bring back old-fashioned Christian practices, like indulgences for cash – no repentance beyond lip service necessary,

Do you extend this same grace to married gay people? Illegal immigrants?

Are you suggesting that the target of this particular action is continuing to shoot people? Or are you just so filled with hate that it spills out everywhere?

Ummm… are you seriously suggesting that murderers who haven’t expressed any remorse for their actions are no longer engaging in sin just because at present they haven’t murdered any more people?

It’s been a long while since I was in Sunday school, but I’m preeeeetttttty sure that that’s not how Christian theological doctrine works.

What, is someone who has shot people only continuing to sin if he continues to shoot people? Just asking.

Or are you just so filled with hate that it spills out everywhere?

Feel free to quote all my hate-filled words back at me. I’d be interested!

I really don’t know why you bother to include me as a reply. Here’s what triggered all this condemnation:

From that you’ve got "you do you, keep it up buddy.”, and the frankly stupid remarks I’ve replied to just above.

I’ve sat in the courtroom with the christian workers supporting the poor and dispossessed who commit most of the crimes. Christ spoke civilly to the criminal hanging beside him, and sitting beside my father in church I was taught to do the same.

I’m generally predisposed to be forgiving, particularly if someone who commits a crime is repentant.

In this case, while I’m certain I’m not privy to all the details, I see a young man who not only may be kind of a jerk, but who is continuing to act like a jerk. This includes hanging out with Proud Boys, and being photographed flashing white supremacist symbols, at a bar while out on bail, and who then appears to have violated the terms of his bail by moving without notifying the authorities.

I’m not clear on your meaning here. Are you saying they committed crimes on account of being poor and dispossessed? That’s not an unreasonable thing to say, but it certainly doesn’t apply to Rittenhouse.

Christ spoke civilly to the criminal hanging beside him

Have I suggested we speak uncivilly to Rittenhouse? Quite the opposite, I’d say:

Such hate-filled language, I know.

This whole thread has gone in a completely unexpected direction.

Off the rails? Yes. Unexpected? Hardly. This is what happens when Christians argue over what makes one a True Christian. Wars have started and many have died over such outwardly petty arguments. Literally. Makes one wonder of what use the scripture is if it can be interpreted so many ways.

That’s what I don’t get about Christianity. No one can even agree on what the bible says or which church is the “correct” one. If Christians can’t all get their shit in one sock, why should I jump into that mess? And this is true for other religions as well. There are thousands of religions and branches. How am I supposed to pick the correct one out of that mess? Assuming there is a correct one.

Narrator: There isn’t.