Civic Literacy Test - Mentioned in USA Today

90%. Not surprising to me, the majority of the questions I missed were from the Economics section.

86.67. There were three questions I shoulda stuck with my gut on. Duh. Isn’t that what they always tell you to do on multiple choice?

83.33 %
I should have done better, but I didn’t. I say that’s because I’m on beer #3 and pretty happy at the moment. :slight_smile:

91%. I didn’t think that was so bad.

Marc

93.33% - stumbled over some of the philosophy questions (actually flipped two of the philosophers i.e. picked H when it was L and L when it was H) and had the same “oh, darn, do I remember that right?” problem with the last q. as DesertDog. I am impressed that the test includes a significant share of economics/national finance questions and sweated some of those a bit (missed one).

Ditto.

78.33% - I’ve never taken an economics or civics course, and I haven’t taken a history class since my junior year of high school, 13 years ago.

ETA:
looks at watch
looks at calendar
Did I just voluntarily take a Civics quiz at 10 o’clock on a Saturday night because I thought it would be fun? :smack:

78.33%, too.

73.33%. Wow, I’m a dumbass. Still above average, though, apparently.

I’ve never taken an economics class, and while I did have good American history classes in high school, I’ve spent the past four years studying music and it’s eaten away at the things I used to know.

Ok, I hate to admit it but … 66.67%. I have forgotten all that stuff - I graduated high school in 1977. I re-learned a lot of it when the kids were in grade school, from helping call out questions during study time. Guess I suck at retaining civics! It’s sooooo dull to me anyway.

A couple of the questions seemed like there wasn’t any right answer.

75%, which is surprising because I guessed a lot.

88.33%; like Desertdog, I coulda sworn we paid more in interest than Social Security, and only know David Hume as the inspiration for Desmond’s last name on LOST. :smiley:

There’s people who don’t know when Lincoln was elected and what the Monroe Doctrine was? :eek:

Heh, I just realized how all us Dopers taking the test is going to skew the April results (upwards, ideally).

50% - but being from Canada and having only taken one year of university, I don’t think it was that bad. Most of my wrong answers came from the questions like ‘what document outlined this policy?’

I missed three.

But I dispute Question #55. In the last 40 years, income inequality has grown and the average real wage has not kept up with inflation for the poor. So, in some sense, the rich have gotten richer and the poor have gotten poorer.

93.33%, about what I expected

Answers to Your Missed Questions:
Question #29 - E. certain permanent moral and political truths are accessible to human reason.
Hmm- kinda got thrown by the “relative” truth

Question #36 - D. The authority of a legitimate sovereign.
none of the answers really made sense

Question #55 - E. increased for the lower and middle classes and increased most for the upper class.
Seems like the poor are getting poorer

Question #58 - B. An increase in the volume of commercial bank loans.
whatever

In my case I think it’s “people who’ve forgotten when Lincoln was elected”. :stuck_out_tongue:

And I missed the place where I can see what I got wrong. Poopie.

70%, one of the lowest here but better than I expected.

Me, too. 50/60. I haven’t been in a Civics Class room in 23 years. Oh, I do have the handicap of being American and all. I confuse Hume and Locke. A lot. Tocqueville I never heard of.

86.67%. I mostly bombed on the economic questions, which I know fuck all about.

I just wondered that (about) myself, then considered it a Doper litmus test / badge of honor.