Civilization 4/beyond the swrd .... how much do i hate thee let me f***ing list the ways

This about a pc/video game called sid Meiers civilization specifically the 4th edition of it and its addon “beyond the sword”

Yes normally this would go in the game room but after what happened last night I want to list in unkind terms what I think of some of the dumb as shit things this game does …

First, off I’d like to thank the cock monkey that decided to change the effects of the world wonders and 2 of my favorite ones most of all Leonardo’s workshop and the pyramids…Because you cant expand for the first half of the game because it’s hard to build a granary … normally the pyramids take care of that because their effect is you only lose 50 percent of your food when you make a settler to go and make a new city…

And the effect of the workshop was once you build it automatically upgraded all your armed forces to the latest and greatest your civilization has discovered for free all at once

they changed that to “pay 50 percent less to upgrade” and you do this one at a time …

Why did they change a lot of this stuff? Because of “multiplayer” whining little bitches that cried using those 2 were "unfair …Yo then I say eat shit and go play tiddlywinks
Same reason they fucked up the espionage concept … you can no longer bring a city to your side for a chunk of gold …cause “it’s unfair” my response to the above is Eat more shit … and play jacks

And dear lazy fuckers please tell me why after almost 30 years you’ve never fixed your RNG calculator so that an army of crossbowmen can take out a fucking tank? or more than one tank?

and the sniveling bastards of the ai civs … can go fuck themselves with cactus of rusty glass needles … just because i dont bow down to your attempt at extortion ya want a war? I’ll be happy to kick your sorry troglodyte asses out of existence …

And the religious bullshit … I dont care what religion my peons follow as long as it’s not overthrow the leader … hell why could I of made a religion based on the state of me

And my final bit of bitching is I had nothing else to do and had 150 turns left so I decide to go for a space victory so by the time I build the rocket I had about 40 … launched the rocket and it was going to take 35 turns to get to Alpha Centauri so I had 5 turns left? guess what thew pice of the shit game does? “your craft and everyone on it has perished” with 5 fucking turns left … and I couldn’t hurry production and launch another … so I had to settle for a timed victory …

So it’s a great game … you just eat a shit sandwich playing it occasionally …

To each his own, I guess. Civ IV: BTS is probably my favourite iteration of the game.

oh its not that i hate the game … its just there’s some dumb things they never fixed and added new ones because of “multiplayer” When I used to do civ 2 multiplayer the minute you got the workshop or the pyramids everyone would quit … I wouldn’t mind if they gimped them in actual human play but there’s no reason to when playing the pc … that and i was still pissed over it screwing me out of a space victory …

This I am okay with. I fansplain it by saying that in a world where there are tanks there are presumably anti tank weapons, which individuals or the civ might have acquired on the black market.

Sort of like how 19th century plains Indians, if they were represented by Civ units, would only be able to produce horse archers in their cities, but they had a large proportion of open-market guns that were as good or better than the average gun of the Army Cavalry.

Moved to Game Room.

The biggest issue for me is the memory leak. It’s been there since the original game was released, and with all of the subsequent patches and expansions, it never got fixed. It’s irritating to have to quit and restart the game every few hours, once it gets bogged down. And if the game is heavily modded, it sometimes becomes impossible to finish, because in the late game the AI turns take several minutes.

Now, I’ve only ever played on the biggest map size. Players who always play on “Standard” might not notice the memory leak as much, or at all. But, if the game makers are going to include a Huge map size, then the game should work properly. I shouldn’t have to play a smaller map to get the most out of the game.

I was a huge civ 4 fan and went back to 4 after 5 was released, but after years of patches and updates and two expansions I’m a total civ 5 convert. I have grown to greatly dislike the doom stacks that rule civ 4 – I just find it repetitive and boring: use suicide catapults to weaken the stack, then start throwing units at it until I win.

I’ve dabbled with 6 and I think districts had potential but civ 6 with no expansions <<< civ 5 with all expansions, much like how I disliked civ 5 at first. But I’ve recently been eyeing Civ again – might be time to see how 6 looks a few years in.

i think v is the only one i dont have Id love to get 2 again tho i have to look on GOG … i just got VI a couple of weeks ago ill probably try 6 soon but coming off of two the gimped wonders doesn’t to much for me … and the spies not being able to otherthrow the cities… yeah …

even with the salt i was throwing ? wow …

I’ve noticed that too but I thought that was just my almost decade-old toaster just slowing down because the game was too much for it to process …
nice to know the pain is shared …