Class Reunions

We had a cookout in my best friend’s backyard for our 10yr back in '97…all but two of us showed up… yup, 22 of 24, plus dates (some of my classmates married each other, so about 40 of us were there)… I was in radio at the time, so I spun the discs… my buddy Tracy ('course small school like that all the guys were on the football team, Tracy was the OTHER offensive tackle, and on defense he was the right end, I was right tackle, or nose guard {depending on alignment}) was in his third overseas hitch with the army, but got leave… He introduced a few of us to the wonders of malt liquor. 'Course we were already drinking heavy liquor… but beer with a little extra umph seemed like a good thing. I slept on the couch… when I woke up and wandered out back for my morning… constitutional, I found my buddy Greg (left offensive guard… Tracy’s side) passed out under one of the pic-nic tables, his wife passed out in their car, Freddy (right guard… my side) passed out on the porch (his wife made it to the bedroom… it was their house)… Randy (center) passed out ON a table… I don’t remember who else was where else… It was JUST LIKE WE WERE in high school… I still get all misty-eyed. our team (and class) integrity had survived for ten years… Damn, I still love those guys! We have our fifteen year planned for later this summer… (we are running a year late) it promises to be good times!