Classics of Suspense

I’m a sucker for suspense. I really like that pulse-pounding feeling of not knowing, but knowing something is going to happen…

Unsurprisingly, I am a fan of Hitchcock. When I saw Psycho for the first time, even though I knew what happened (mostly), I was enthralled the whole time.

Woody Allen’s new Match Point had the adrenaline racing for a while there…

I’d love some Doper-certified recommendations for the greatest in suspense: films, books, TV, and plays. Personally, I am not a big fan of excess gore, but it’s not a dealbreaker.

What say you?

Cheers,
Daphne

I would definitely recommend Wait Until Dark, if you have not seen it. The last ten minutes are absolutely riveting.

Wasn’t this recently revived on Broadway? I vaguely recall Quentin Tarantino being involved somehow…

It was a couple of years ago with Quentin as the main villain and Marisa Tomei in the Audrey Hepburn role.

Don’t Look Now

Rosemary’s Baby, (if you don’t know the ending)

Body Double suspensful and sexy, only a few bloody scenes but one little bit will stay with you forever.
Have you ever seen Hitchcock’s The Lady Vanishes. It was recently remade with Jodi Foster. What was the name of that movie? Anyway Hitchcock’s is one of my favorite movies.