Clint Eastwood voting for Romney

Seems we’re the ones with the problem, you’re a carrier. Kinda like Typhoid Mary, but mayhem and massacre. We expect Portland will launch an attack upon Seattle any day now.

Portlandia has always been at war with Seattle.

I just wish that we would stop paying attention to what politicians are endorsed by celebrities, what their favorite foods are, with whom and when they have/have had sex, what they think of meat, dogs, whatever. I am paying them to entertain me, and some even fail at that.

Shut ut and entertain me, dammit!

You know, there was the whole 3/4 of the movie that wasn’t about Grenada. :stuck_out_tongue:

By all means, if you don’t like the guy or think he sucks, don’t watch him. But cherry picking a few things out that were bombs in a career that lasted as long as his did is sort of silly. Just like deciding to boycott his movies because he has decided to vote for a different guy than you are. Generally, I roll my eyes when my dad does this stuff…but at least he has the excuse of being nearly 90 years old. :stuck_out_tongue:

I would no more boycott Clint Eastwood than I would my 92-year-old staunch-Republican uncle whom I think the world of.

RNATB, Martin Hyde is very serious about not cutting yourself off from those who disagree with you and isolating yourself within an echo chamber.

And he will harangue you to death if you dare articulate an opinion inconsistent with that principle.

Boycotting his stuff seems dumb. I hate the Republican party but I don’t blame anyone for being a republican in a Democrat controlled state like California. Corruption and misuse of political power is absolutely disgusting anywhere you go in this country. If you’re living somewhere where the Dems are the face of that corruption you can see why fairly bright people would turn to the other party. Now if you’re a Republican in a Republican controlled state well…, you make Jesus cry every time the thought runs through your head that he’s on your side.

After Romney told Reid to “put up or shut up,” Rachel Maddow noted that it wasn’t the first time that Romney had talked like a tough guy, and played a clip of him from several years ago telling a political opponent, “go ahead, make my day.”

And as near as I can tell, Eastwood’s endorsement of Romney was within five minutes of her showing that clip.

Tarantula was a “bomb”? The Citizen Kane of giant bug movies, a bomb? Careful, XT! Tread softly!

Old white guy is voting Republican? STOP THE PRESSES!

Heh, nice.

I too don’t understand why anyone cares who actors endorse.

And I’m surprised Eastwood has bothered at all, but not by his choice of candidate. Wake me up when Ashton Kutcher endorses Romney.

Well, at least he practices what he preaches. That’s kind of the opposite of cutting off everyone you agree with. :slight_smile:

Count me as yet another liberal who doesn’t much care.

I’ll go beyond that and say that, while I think Romney would be an awful president, he’d probably be our best Republican president since 1980, and he was definitely the best among the Republicans who had a shot this year (sorry, Huntsman). His flipflopping is something I kind of like, since it means he’s not one of the zealots that are the worst threat the Republicans have to offer us. I really hope he doesn’t win, but not in the same way that I hoped Santorum wouldn’t win.

Agreed. The thing that scares me most about a Romney presidency is that he won’t be able to control the Republicans in Congress. If Congress were solidly Democratic, a Romney presidency probably wouldn’t bother me at all. As it is, though, there is a reasonable chance that the GOP will win control of both houses of Congress, and that is something that does scare me.

Don’t forget that there are Supreme Court justices who are getting pretty old, and the Dems do not have a good track record for rejecting horrible nominees submitted by Republican presidents.

IMO Bush did more damage to the country by appointing Roberts and Alito than by all his bungling foreign and domestic policies.

What’s wrong with Roberts? He’s pretty moderate. Alito, not so much.

CE’s a good director and a pretty good actor, but I may choose not to see his films if I’m sufficiently disgusted by his political stupidity. This may be my response to the thread asking if I’m willing to boycott something I actually like–if there’s another film playing I want to see, yeah, I may forgo a CE film I’d otherwise see.

Hey! Well, maybe I’m an exception to the rule. Perhaps when I’m 75, my politics will change.

Citizens United.