CNN: "Nation split on Bush as uniter or divider"

This is not intended as a debate, or a critique of the Bush administration in any way, I just saw the headline on CNN and thought the irony was too good not to share.

Poll: Nation split on Bush as uniter or divider

Dangit! I was about to post that. I was delayed because I had to swap out my irony meter after I read the article.

Well, that settles that.

Blew a fuse, did it?

Heh.

Heh heh.

Warning: Do not think about the headline for too long. I did, and I think a part of my brain just popped. :eek:

:: blink ::
:: stares at headline ::

:: breaks into riotous laughter ::

I’m sure somebody thought that was clever.

But it wasn’t.

I almost started a similar thread yesterday about another CNN headline (Bush: Better human intelligence needed).

I don’t believe in irony. I send my shirts to a service instead.

49% of people think previous headline was clever/ironic, 49% of people think it wasn’t. 2% undecided.

SDMB as usual shows about an 80/20 split.

My wife wondered just why I was laughing insanely (besides my being insane and having a sense of humor, of course). The answer was, of course, the headline and the accompanying poll.

Yep, we’re divided right down the middle on whether Bush is a uniter. That says it all!

Only the most abject Bush hater would deny that there are clearly uniter-related programmes - that nice Mr Williams for example.

Glad to know I’m not the only one who saw this on CNN and nearly fell out of my chair. Brilliance. Sheer brilliance.

Uniter, divider, who gives a shit. I think we can all agree that Bush tastes great!

Reminds me of a headline from our own last election: Martin promises to keep promises