Cognitive Bias Chart

Every Single Cognitive Bias in One Infographic

Seems to be several threads related to this. Any thoughts comments on this?

My comment is that you probably posted this in the wrong forum. You might want to contact the mods for a forum change.

Tks I thought I messed that up. My first post.

Welcome to the message board!

It’d take a while to go through a 188-element list, but I’d be absolutely shocked if that’s actually “all of them in existence”. My estimate of the number of cognitive biases would be closer to 8 billion.

So your suggestion is don’t post it?

I didn’t say that. Disagreeing with a premise is not the same thing as disagreeing about whether it should be discussed. There’s no problem with posting this (in the correct category, probably GD). That doesn’t mean that everyone is going to agree with it.

Yeah, the original sources (different parts from different people, based on this wiki) say nothing about it being every single example. The source in the OP’s link also provides some pretty janky definitions, such as their take on the “Gambler’s Fallacy”:

A venture capitalist sees a portfolio company rise and rise in value after its IPO, far behind what he initially thought possible. Instead of holding on to a winner and rationally evaluating the possibility that appreciation could still continue, he dumps the stock to lock in the existing gains.

Unlike a pair of dice, markets can be effected by prior events, so it’s not necessarily fallacious.

Also, reported for forum change.

Ummm, I want this chart on black velvet so I can lay back and stare at it hanging on the wall while sitar music plays.

Duuuuddde…

My first link above, “different parts”, shows the image with a Creative Commons license, so you should be able to get it printed on black velvet. You’ll probably have to pay for the sitar player, though.

Nah, I got a CD of Ravi Shankar.

I am really new at this. In fact this is my first post. I am not being disagreeable or argumentative. I am simply trying to figure out in the myriad of choices where I should place this. GD I assume means general discussion. Thank you for your assistance. Love to hear your further comments on this if you have time and or inclination. So how do I move it to GD please. Thanks

You’re all good as the mods have moved it to “In My Humble Opinion.”

None of us are trying to jump on you about posting it in QZ, just letting you know (and the mods, which is why I reported it) that it probably needed a better home. This place or MPSIMS seems like a good home, depending on your goals.

GD = Great Debates

Thanks. It looks like I have more studying to do before I venture out into the unknown.

Don’t worry about it, [Bill], I like the OP.

Except well, I HATE the chart, in my humble opinion. heh. It seems to propose that biases have a direction. But that’s simply not true. And it’s just dumb.

In the chart “we disregard specifics to form generalities” is the diametric opposite of “we imagine things or people that we are familiar with or fond as better” That’s not an opposite, that’s the same freaking thing, if you think about it.

If you click on the SD logo up top, you’ll get back to the home page of the message board, where all categories have descriptions to help you choose.

You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension: a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You’re moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You’ve just crossed over into… the Twilight Zone.

So, which cognitive bias would that be, to presume that all biases have a direction?

Holy shit. Hundreds of ways to get it wrong, and only one way to get it right. No wonder our electorate is such a mess.