Colorado Dopers

I’ve only noticed one other Colorado doper that posts. Are there others out there?
MB

They’re not Hot Flashes,
They’re Power Surges!

I grew up in Colorado from birth to 17.

What part do you hail from?

Well, shut my mouth. It’s also illegal to put squirrels down your pants for the purposes of gambling.

Grew up in Longmont and Berthoud. Graduated from Berthoud High in 1978. Now live and work in Longmont. I haven’t strayed too far from home…kinda like it here.

Mullinator,
Where in Colorado are you from?

They’re not Hot Flashes,
They’re Power Surges!

I’m in Boulder. Believe Athena is, too.

There was a “where are you” thread some time ago (I’ll let anyone who has the patience do the search for it; I need my computer in one piece) that indicated maybe as many as 5 in various parts of CO.

Old Broad,
You were the only one that I knew was in Colorado. I kept up with the “where are you” thread for a while but soon lost track.

Are you a native of Colorado?

MB

They’re not Hot Flashes,
They’re Power Surges!

Lived in Broomfield and Thornton. Went to Horizon High School.

Nope.

Born in St. Paul, grew up in Chicago, back to the Twin Cities, then to San Diego, and got here in '95. (Also spent a year in Ann Arbor in the 80’s.)

How 'bout you?

Old Broad:
Kind of a long story, but I’ll try to keep it simple…

My mom grew up in Colorado, in fact she graduated from Longmont High School in 1957. After she graduated her parents moved to Iowa. When she found herself in the family way she moved to Iowa until she had me. So officially I was born in Iowa, but then returned here when I was 3 months old. I consider myself a native.

Mullinator: What year did you graduate from Horizon High School? Long long since you’ve been back?

MB

They’re not Hot Flashes,
They’re Power Surges!

Should have been:

Mullinator: What year did you graduate from Horizon High School? HOW long since you’ve been back?

MB

They’re not Hot Flashes,
They’re Power Surges!

I only went to Horizon in 91 and 92. Moved to Georgia, and I graduated high school in 1993. I still have plenty of family and friends in the area, but it has been about a year since I have wandered through.

Live in Longmont, work in Gunbarrel, spend half my time in Boulder. Hi all!

Colorado native here. Born in Denver, spent the first fifteen years of my life in Roggen (a really small town in the eastern plains), and now I’m in Durango-- though if I sneeze too hard, I’m in New Mexico.

(No, dammit, I don’t have a passport!)
– Sylence

And now, for my next trick, I will talk in spooky half-references.

Sylence: Colorado native here. Born in Denver, spent the first fifteen years of my life in Roggen (a really small town in the eastern plains), and now I’m in Durango-- though if I sneeze too hard, I’m in New Mexico.

Or if you turn to the right, Utah. :slight_smile:

Glad to hear someone ventured from the Denver/Eastern slope area. Durango - is your TV station still KREZ?

I myself was born in Grand Junction, and lived there 21 1/2 years until I graduated college. Then I moved to Northern Virginia, and have been here since.

GJ is only 30 miles from the border. One popular T-shirt in GJ said, “Eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow you may be in Utah!” :slight_smile:

To be fair, our vacations often ventured into Utah. Lake Powell or Flaming Gorge were our favorite spots.

Sylence, sorry I mixed Durango and Cortez up geographically. Even a really big sneeze wouldn’t quite get you to Utah. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I’m a native and still live here…I’m one of the few.

I’m a native and still live here…I’m one of the few.

Hey! I’m driving to Durango this afternoon for Thanksgiving. Maybe I’ll see you guys. Wave if you see me.

I’m a Colorado native…born and raised in Colorado Springs. Left for Grand Junction for 2 1/2 years, due to a job change moved to Denver for almost 3 years and now I am back in C Springs!

I miss GJ and Denver, too conservative here for me <grin>

*techchick68: I miss GJ and Denver, too conservative here for me *

Miss GJ? What a concept! :slight_smile:

Actually, I miss it at times, too. (Being a born & raised GJer gives me the right to joke about it, right?)

I certainly like the dry hot summers better than Virginia’s Sauna Summers. (I didn’t know I sweated until I got off the plane at Dulles and started beading up.)

AWB: Yes, the station is still KREZ. . . and don’t worry about mistaking Durango for Cortez. :slight_smile: Actually, to be precise, I live near Ignacio, where the Four Corners Biker Rally is held every year. You can imagine how wild that gets.
– Sylence

And now, for my next trick, I will talk in spooky half-references.