5. Freudian Slit
  6. pedescribe
  7. ToeJam
  8. USCDiver
  9. peekercpa
  10. DiggitCamara

Maximum

What’s the tie-breaking procedure?

Ah phewy, this is exactly the sort of game I’ve been looking for, but as you know from the off-board game, I no longer have time to play Mafia. Best of luck, though!

If there is a tie:

1. Whoever reached the highest number of votes at any point during the Day will be lynched.
  2. If an additional tie-breaker is needed, then whoever reached the highest vote total first will be lynched.

For example, if Players A and B are tied at 3 vote, but Player A had 5 votes at one point, while Player B had a maximun of 4 votes, Player A would be lynched.

If both had a maximum of 5 votes, but player B reached that maximum at post 146, while Player A reached that maximum at post 298, player B would be lynched.

My style post poring vote counts makes this faily easy to follow. Here is an examplefrom the recent Disney Mafia game on Giraffe boards.

The win condition for the Serial Killer is almost impossible to fulfill. The only way they could win is [del]if comes down to either 1 Town and the SK during a Night. Or,[/del] 1 Town, 1 Scum and the SK at Night and the Scum kills the Town while the SK kills the Scum. That’s way too hard.

You also haven’t defined what happens if the SK is investigated by a Cop.

Edit: 1 Town and SK is a win for the Town. So It has to be a three-way 1-1-1 going into a Night with the kills going the correct way for the SK to win.

I would like to play.

Unless…they’re ALL serial killers. :smiley:

Not necessarily - as I understand the rules at the moment, the SK could get an early jump on the voting, vote the Townie, and get a lynch that way.

(Never mind - Town wins when all Scum are dead. Can be fixed by patching that to “All anti-Town roles” or whatever instead).

Which I, obviously, will both deduce (provided no one posts in the wrong thread) and defeat (provided I’m not sabotaged by my team-mates).

Hehe.

Just change Town’s victory condition to removing all Scum and the SK if a SK is in the game, that should take care of it.

(Unless you meant 1 Town/1SK was a Town win by definition? I don’t see why that should be the case.)

(But I would suggest tweaking the rules to prevent the sort of morning post-poaching Tom refers to, by just saying up front who wins in a 1 on 1 situation (or 2-2 or 3-3, if it’s Scum involved.))

Count me in as well. It’s been awhile.

Yes, the win conditions will need to change if I do include a Serial Killer. I’ll repost the roles with updated win conditions if necessary before the start of the game.

The game is tentatively scheduled to start Monday evening (CST) with a Day start.
I’m aware that this means that the Scum/Masons will not have had the chance to talk prior to the start of the game.

I plan on using a 12-hour countdown timer for the lynch is a player reaches 1+(half the number of players) in votes (with a 5 day maximum for the Day). Nights will last 48 hours. Night actions can be submitted in advance.

1. Mahaloth
  2. Nanook
  3. Tom Scud
  4. Drain Bead
  5. Freudian Slit
  6. pedescribe
  7. ToeJam
  8. USCDiver
  9. peekercpa
  10. DiggitCamara
  11. storyteller
  12. Ichini Sanshigo

Maximum

Count me in.

One other wincon clarification: If it happens that nobody at all survives (for instance, the last Dusk sees a Vigilante and a Serial Killer or the last Scum heading into the Night), does that count as a Town victory, since technically all the Scum are dead?

Yeah, but then they’ll only manage to eliminate all the town vanilla cover roles anyway…

(Even though it was a bit of a one-trick game, I wonder what would happen if it was rerun with the number of serial killers being unknown ahead of time. And they still get a collective kill. Might make for an interesting setup. There actually would be town and scum and then a SK collective. Maybe something I should consider in the future.)

Yeah, it’s that time. I’m in!

But let’s hope no one who signs up for your future game remembers this post!

NETA:
Can the Town Doctor protect him/herself?**

To heck with it.

/In.