Come on down, motherfucker, yes, that's you VC03!

Count me in with the meh crowd. I’m sorry for your suffering, but **VCO3 ** did nothing in this instance to deserve a pitting. Or even the snark you gave him in the original thread. Sorry.

As a migraine sufferer I take the subject very seriously, but I think Anaamika got it right in the first reply.

Now that that’s taken care of, may I ask, what are you wearing right now?

I am giggling over here thinking of BMalion overdosing on jalapeno poppers, or worse yet, shoving them up his nose.

Here’s another who is frankly amazed to see that you’ve taken offence at one of the, what … three times VCO3 has managed not to be a dick. I can’t detect even an ounce of negativity in either of his posts in that thread, and this is a man who waxes apoplectic about school dinners.

Also, is it some kind of secret that you’re a stripper? Are you embarrassed by it? You’ve certainly brought it up enough times yourself, so why on earth would you give a fuck if someone else mentions it? Everyone here knows you’re a stripper. Couldn’t you have just said, “no, I don’t do party drugs, but thanks anyway”?

I didn’t

seems to me, yea, she coulda.

If that’s the line about protesting too much, it’s exactly what came to mind when I read the OP and the orignial thread. I don’t even detect a hint of dickishness in VCO3’s post – for Pete’s sake he was warning her of a possible contraindication for migraine meds – and the immediate “how dare you, sir” reaction seemed a little over the top. This pit gets an “eh” which is an m-less “meh.” I would think veteran strippers would be used to talking about drug use and wouldn’t bristle at the (incorrect?) suggestion that they had dabbled. We can have all the MPSIMS threads in the world, it ain’t gonna change the perceptions about drug use in the adult entertainment industry.

Googling “stripper forums” brings up http://www.stripperweb.com/forum/index.php

I agree. That was the nicest **VCO3 ** has been on this board.

But why was that necessary?

And…I too agree that VC03 sounded like he was genuinely trying to make a helpful suggestion (for once), and that, while Pittings of him are generally meritorious, this one, oddly enough, is not.

I did. Wring, get in the loop, hon. :smiley: She only had a 10-page “Ask the Stripper thread”; where were you? :smiley:

pro’olly in the pool halls. :wink:

It’s a guy thing. But the best response would be something like, “felt pajamas, penny loafers and sour cream shaped like a WW1 German military helmet.”

Fair enough then; maybe it’s not as common knowledge as I thought. However, a quick search suggests that she’s brought it up (at least tangentially) on her own in around eight separate threads in the past two months, and started an entire “Ask the stripper” thread shortly before that, which went on for nine pages. A closely-guarded secret, this is not.

I’m really tempted to make a crack about a different recreational drug and inexplicable belligerence, but I’m trying to turn up my nose at that sort of line these days.

I stand by my original posts. I was trying to be helpful and generous - generous living is something I’m embracing lately. I’ve done poppers with strippers, and have been told verbatim, “we all do poppers” right before consenting to letting a stripper peg me.

I guess my mistake was that those anecdotes happened in significantly more cosmopolitan cities than “Indy.”

I suppose VCO3 at least was trying to be helpful, although his post would have made me uncomforatble as well for the reasons you state. However Indygrrl, I totally understand where your snark came from.

In this post, Johnny Hildo also brings up your profession, also in a totally unrelated thread, in what I consider one of the most hateful, jerkish posts I’ve ever seen on the SDMB. Your reaction to him was totally classy, by the way.

I have heard of some guys double standard when it comes to strippers, but I though it was something out of bad novels set at least 150 years ago. To see such a post like Johnny Hildo’s here, and to see an echo of the same sentiment in VCO3’s post…Indygrrl, I actually feel you are showing a lot of restraint in this pitting.

You know, you could have waited a little bit longer, maybe let this thing get a page, let a bit of a groundswell form, maybe collect a little capital.

I’m laughing because you’re funny, but, well you’re not in this to win any friends.

Host: How was Johnny Hildo’s post like VC03’s post?
Contestatnt: The answer is, in no way. Johnny Hildo’s post was like VC03’s post in no way.
Host: That’s correct, Bob, show him what he’s won.

Aaaaaaaand…he’s back everyone.

That’s where they stick their stilettos up your rectum, right?
I see what’s up…

If I’m defensive it’s because I’m tired of people assuming I do drugs, asking me if I know where they can get drugs, among tons of other stripper stereotypes. It happens several times a shift, and not just to me, it happens to pretty much all of us. Sometimes I get sick of it, and when I do, little things can really piss me off, such as being asked if poppers caused my migraine.

Obviously I’ve not hidden the fact that I’m a dancer. After all, I did make a whole thread about it. I just don’t think it had anything to do with the thread about MIGRAINES.

Here are a few of the responses I’ve gotten from my poll (which allows anon voting), which right now stands at 15 who have never done or seen a popper, that’s out of 18 votes. Four have seen them but have never used them. Bear in mind that the poll has only been up a few hours.

And yeah, I’m a stripper, but I’m a lot of other things too. But my boring contributions to IMHO and MPSIMS threads wouldn’t be as fun to bring up, I guess.

Let’s start one! With blackjack!