Come on down, motherfucker, yes, that's you VC03!

So does that mean you think VC03 would have said that if you had started a thread about migraines? If it was a logical kind of question that would be asked of any migraine sufferer then I wouldn’t have been offended at all.

Obviously.

But…that’s at work, right? I mean, it’s not here. Do you feel as though people at the SDMB are being snarky to you, or stereotyping you (Hilldo’s comment aside–I mean other, serious, non-trollish posters) because they know you’re a stripper? If so, I’d like to see a cite, please, because, ya know, I haven’t really seen that.

He wasn’t being helpful, he was being judgmental and trying to hide it behind his new form of ‘helpfulness’.

He did drugs with strippers way back when; therefore, Indy, as a stripper must do drugs.

If his post would have been the first post in that thread, then I might give him some slack, but he chose to say post that *after * others had confirmed the migraine hangover.

It’s all about the timing.

I think it’s unreasonable to go into a migraine thread and ask the OP if she’s a drug user. I don’t care if the OP is a stripper or a nun. Or a stripper nun, for those who are into that.

I’m not saying you shouldn’t say “VCO3, my being a stripper has nothing to do with my migraines and I’ll kindly thank you to stop bringing up unrelated things in my thread.” I’m just saying I don’t see the reason for this ire:

“I’d like to know what the fuck you were thinking when you drew the conclusion that because I had a migraine I must have been doing “poppers.” You are an asshole and couldn’t even bother to apologize when I told you that I most definitely did NOT take a popper.”

shrugs Also, getting mad at VCO3, like I said, is fruitless. Just bad for you. :slight_smile:

This I don’t get. You want to read a bunch of people bitch about work? Or are you expecting them to post “I’ve got my top off and I’m gyrating right now.”

It’s only got one play. They take their tops off and you give them money. I think it’s called the Booby 2 Strong.

I’m with the general consensus on this- the OP completely overreacted. I’m no fan of VC03’s (is anyone?) but the OP’s response in the linked thread was out of line and this pitting is lame.

Something good has come out of all this, though. When VCO3 posts another rant where his level of rage seems inappropriately high, someone can ask him: “Serious question, that you don’t have to answer: have you taken it up the ass from a stripper recently?”

It’s a joke, I say, it’s a joke, son!

Ah… It’s a profit deal.

Well, yeah, he might have, actually. As he pointed out, one cause of a migraine-like headache can be poppers. It might even have come up in GQ. In this thread, someone asks about a pain in his head, and someone else suggests, “Did you recently get a tongue piercing?” and includes a link to (a different version of) Teen’s Tongue Piercing Linked to Pain. And the OP doesn’t get all huffy, “What do you take me for?” When people ask questions about their headaches, part of what we do here at the SDMB is rack our brains for potential answers to their questions, and if people take offense at some of our well-meaning suggestions, then that’s their problem.

So yeah, he might very well have said, to a schoolteacher or a nun or Mrs. America, who had asked about their headaches, “Do you use poppers?” And then the schoolteacher or the nun or Mrs. America could have gotten all huffy, “What do you take me for?”, and started a Pit thread… :wink:

I’m glad to see I’m not the only one who thought that.

I’m still cracking up at VCO3’s backhanded comment about his being used to more cosmopolitan locales (and one presumes, strippers) than Indianapolis, whilst still talking about poppers. I mean, seriously… amyl nitrate. It was considered outdated in the friggin’ eighties down here in the Swampland, for god’s sake. It’s certainly not “cosmopolitan.” hahahahaha

The fact that Indygrrl is or is not a stripper is irrelevent to the question, and it was totally unnecessary to bring up. It seemed clear to me that **VCO3 ** mentioned this only:
a) as some kind of dig at Indygrrl, or
b) to brag about having partied with a stripper.
Though her reaction may have been a little more defensive than it needed to be, I’m guessing it is due to the person that made the comment. I’m fairly new here and I generally gloss over the names of the posters, but VC03 is the first name I have come to learn is almost always trying to be a dick.

Yeah, but… don’t you, in fact, take drugs? (Or did at one point?) Working on memory here, but I could swear I recall some past threads where you discussed your own drug use.

I’m sure it does suck to get hit up for drugs all the time, but it would seem ironic for a stripper who does drugs to bemoan the stereotype of strippers doing drugs.

(If I am misremembering, I apologize.)

where would anyone ever get the impression that many strippers did drugs?

You make a good point, but the “did you get a tongue piercing?” is a bad comparison. That’s a request for information that doesn’t imply anthing. “Do you do drugs? You’re a stripper and they often do drugs” is just a little different.

Lots of people do drugs, and technically, strippers are people.

My own usage of drugs isn’t really relevant to the fact that I’m a stripper. One did not lead to the other. Just so you know, Vinyl Turnip, it was painkillers and it was because I had a serious illness that I ultimately had surgery for. I’m not saying that’s better or worse than any other drug, just that stripping had nothing to do with why I did it, and that it had nothing to do with me stripping. The majority of the time I was taking pills was when I worked in an corporate environment.

I don’t think VCO3 said anything to fly off the handle about. I mean isn’t what he described here basically occupational hazard. I mean for instance I have constant access to controlled veterinary sedatives. If something were to have some sort of medical issue, and someone asked if I had pinched some of the ketamine, I wouldn’t get my panties in a twist about it. While not everyone who has access to controlled drugs in the medical field abuses them, it DOES happen alot so its a question I’ve been asked before. I don’t think VCO3 implied that all strippers do it but that it DOES happen.

There is a dark underbelly to a lot of professions, not just stripping. I guess I don’t have the knee jerk self righteous defense mechanism because my boobs stay in my shirt. I wouldn’t think someone asking me a question like that is judging me. You can’t assume all strippers do drugs and you cant assume that all weirdos on message boards are judging you.

So, to sum up: you’ve posted in several places that you’re a stripper. (not that it’s relevant to anything else you do, or are- yea, I get it).
you’ve posted about having had a (prescription) drug history.
as a stripper, you’ve (in your own words) had to deal with people IRL asking you if you have any drugs, know how to get them etc, indicating that it seems to be a prevalent (or at least not rare) thought among folks that “stripper= some one who may know where I can get drugs”.
and you’re surprised to get it here, too?

edited to add: something I decided not to.