Come on down, motherfucker, yes, that's you VC03!

I’d like to know what the fuck you were thinking when you drew the conclusion that because I had a migraine I must have been doing “poppers.” You are an asshole and couldn’t even bother to apologize when I told you that I most definitely did NOT take a popper. Again, I don’t even know what a popper looks like.

You know I’m a stripper, but evidently did not actually read the thread in which I took questions and did my best to answer them for everyone. I had hoped that I came off as an intelligent woman who does an unusual job, not as some druggie stripper stereotype. But I guess that’s what some people will presume regardless of anything I say.

But more to the point, it’s fucking inappropriate to take something that you know about a poster and bring it up in a COMPLETELY UNRELATED thread. It would be like going into a mourning thread about someone’s dead cat and relating it to a weird story they told about sex, or to something they admitted to in a TMI thread–COMPLETELY INAPPROPRIATE.

Maybe I’m crazy, but I will never understand why you felt there was a relationship between a migraine and party drugs. Oh yeah, its because I’m a stripper, I forgot! :smack: :rolleyes:

Your anecdotal evidence aside, I would wager that I’ve spent several hundred more hours in strip clubs and around strippers than you have. I’ve seen lots of drugs, but I’ve never seen a popper. However, I could be wrong, they might be used by some girls. The closest thing to a scientific study that I can do right now is poll a messageboard that is 95% strippers. I’ll come back once they’ve voted and let you know what the consensus is.

If I did get a headache from partying, I wouldn’t call it a migraine, and I certainly wouldn’t post on the Dope about it. I hate it that I am compelled to defend myself, but for some reason I am. But more than that I hate losers who can’t even apologize when they are wrong, like you, VC03.

Let’s review this, shall we? I think he was pretty nice in his first post:

And your response was a bit snarky:

He answers:

And you snark right back:

I’m not sure I really see the ire here. You did post you were a stripper, and I didn’t see him saying “You strippers are all alike, you all take poppers” but rather “Did you?” And you kind of flew off the handle.
I think anything you post on these boards is fair game to be brought up in other threads. And I don’t think he was really drawing conclusions, just that in his experience some strippers take poppers, poppers and amyl together are bad, and so if you took any poppers, don’t take amyl.

I actually agree with you that this board has its share of presumptuous asses; I just don’t see it in VCO3’s responses. I even feel he can be an ass sometimes but not this time.

YMMV of course.

VCO3 is an unrepentant asshole. This is his latest iteration. I live in hope of the day he gets banned from these boards, because he passed the “don’t be a jerk” classification months ago.

I, for one, demand to see the stripper message board. Nothing like getting the other teams playbook.

That’s the other thing. He doesn’t bother me enough to want him banned, but there’s no doubt that he’s an unrepentant asshole and getting upset over things he says is like running repeatedly into a brick wall.

Anaamika, amyl is poppers. It’s eletriptan that can’t be mixed with it, or so I understand.

D’oh. I meant amyl & the migraine medicines.

My drug ignorance is showing. Thanks.

At any rate, he was nicer than Dr. House would have been.

“Poppers?” Was VC03 last hanging out with strippers at Studio 54 in 1978?

His comment was inappropriate. Everyone knows strippers do coke, meth, and ecstasy; he should’ve asked which of those triggered your migraine.

I think in VCO3’s own unique way, he really was trying to be helpful. And, reading the particular exchange in question, I don’t think he was particularly being an asshole. Of the things he’s done that’s pitworthy, this is not one of them, IMHO.

Poppers.

And, from what has been quoted, I’m gonna have to side with VC03 on this one.

I think you’re looking at the phrasing of his question when Indygrrl was upset by the question itself. It’s really presumptuous, especially since a couple of (presumably) non-strippers said what she was describing was normal.

I guess this proves that VC03 is a dick even on those rare occasions that he isn’t trying to be a dick.

Agreed. I didn’t see him as being terribly offensive in that thread. In fact, he seemed to be genuinely helpful, or trying to be.

I disagree. I’d agree if he’d stated “(any number ) of strippers use (whatever drugs)”, however his statement about strippers using poppers was linked to “keeping up during long shifts” - ie something about the work conditions vs. the type of job. another vote for jumping the gun in this instance, no comment on usual actions of pitee.

Meh.

What Anaamika said.

Tangential, but I don’t think poppers are used to keep one going during a long shift. I’ve, um, heard that poppers give you a massive headrush, but it only lasts a few seconds , maybe a minute or two. It’s primarily used to enhance sexual pleasure, or perhaps to provide a bump for other drugs already consumed.

Obligatory Wikpedia cite.

Well try not to.(feel compelled) Not everyone rushes to judge others. As a matter of fact, one of most favorite persons ever, highly recommends against it. Peace be with you.

Hamlet Act III Scene ii Line 239

I know that too many jalapeño poppers with strippers gives me a headache too.

Seconded.