Comedy sequels that worked?

Aliens.

Well, I think a Predator would find it funny…

I just watched Airplane 2.

Wow, that was incredibly unfunny. We saw Airplane 1 last week and loved it. It really holds up.

Cheech & Chong’s Next Movie

Madagascar II definitely had it all over the very funny Madagascar. It even launched The Penguins of Madagascar cartoon.

What? So I have a 10 yo and I know this. :wink:

Wow. To me, Ghostbusters is a Great Comedy Movie, in capital letters. G2 was OK.

Joe

My memory failed me. It was the Slimer Sundae, not shake. It was a hot fudge sundae with green slime instead of fudge. I don’t remember what it tasted like, or if I ever had one.

They melvined me.

Bogus is great and Bill Sadler as Death really takes it to the next level.

I agree on this as well. Part Deux is geaxt.

I know it’s mainly considered an action flick, but does Crank: High Voltage count? Crank was fun and had a lot of fresh gags and hilarity. I wasn’t disappointed with its sequel, either (although, the original was the better show).

Caddyshack 2, worst sequel ever.

Airplane 2, Naked Gun almost.

I thoroughly enjoyed Men in Black 2.

Dammit, you got my hopes up that there was a sequel to The Freshman.

No. That was already a sequel. :wink:

:eek: You are the first…

That’s one of the common examples of comedy sequels that suck, actually. I don’t think it was received very well.

Don’t get me wrong, I love Ghostbusters. I was just uncertain it could be labeled a comedy movie. It spans a few genres pretty well.

Well I like some SciFi Channel original movies. So my tastes may be atypical.

All of the examples given so far—the ones I’ve seen, anyway—reinforce the theory that comedy sequels do not work, compared to the original.

I have to agree that I liked Airplane II. I thought it was remarkable, considering that different people were responsible – pulling off that style of comedy is not at all easy, and they really did manage to capture the spirit of the first one. I really don’t understand the hate for it.