Commercials may have finally hit rock bottom

She did say she wasn’t a mathematician :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.

That sounds like a shitty job!

And the pay is for shit.

What I don’t understand is why anyone watches commercials. There’s very little content (mostly live sports events) that would require me to watch a commercial. Other than that, my time is better spent on literally anything else.

I don’t have any streaming services. I don’t have cable. There are some commercials I mute (Like JJ Walker telling me about a Medicare advantage plan). Mostly, I just shift to not really paying attention when commercials come on. Some, like Lume, make a lasting impression though.

As someone who does not watch commercials, I find them fascinating when I do encounter them.

I kind of like commercials. They’re short films with a purpose, and I judge the creators on how much I did or didn’t enjoy their efforts.

I have to take exception to this!

In the 70s, they used to advertise Midol on prime time TV. The product box used in the commercial was scrubbed. Nothing but the product name. As a person who had not yet reached puberty (and was a guy to boot!) I had absolutely no idea what it was for. And the actors were no help. The dialog was couched in 70s standards and practices code words: “It helps with the pain before. And during. And sometimes the pain I get two weeks after!” I’m yelling at the screen “During what? after WHAT??” I would have benefited from a bit less obscurity.

On the other hand, I’m not sure it is a better world we live in now where ads for absorbent panties show actual blood stains on the white couch.

I don’t. The mute button is my best friend (after the cat and the wife), but I wasn’t paying attention for this one, as we were waiting for the hearings to come on. And I only tuned in to it when the person said something about “cheeks” and “stink”. I looked at my wife and said WTF?

We had to change channels quickly last night, when a commercial came on that had a jingle that went something like:

“Does it hurt when you poop? Like you just pinched off a porcupine . . .”

Gross.

And my husband really hates those commercials with bent vegetables, which simulate bent dicks. He doesn’t believe the condition is real and it’s just an invention to sell treatments to suggestible guys.

Where are you seeing the butt crack commercial? I’ve never seen it on broadcast or cable.

I was handed a petition once about 30 plus years ago complaining bitterly and hyperbolically about tampon/sanitary pad commercials. Words like “humiliating” “disgusting” “embarrassing” were used. I didn’t sign it as these commercials did not make me feel any of these emotions. I mean, really it’s a normal function and women need products to address it. What is the big deal?

The bear commercials? I think I don’t like them because they are sooo stupid. Yeah, as stated above, the bears don’t want to touch Jr’s undies, but they never WEAR clothes in the commercials. I know, it’s not real, but the illogic still irritates me.

I was always told that if it smells like cologne leave it alone.

In the vast majority of situations, the crotch is farther away from people’s nostrils than the armpits.

Plus, it tends to be covered with more and/or heavier clothing.

That’s why you don’t need to use deodorant on your crotch.

Then, do not watch

this one

https://youtu.be/ypIbTpnuNgg
Yes, it is not serious

Yeah, that sprang to my mind too. I couldn’t find a video, but I found a transcript.

Its all about making money. The more “problems” you have, the more items they can come up with to “fix” them.

I can (for me). Bears shit in the WOODS, not in toilets, and they don’t need TP.

I’ve seen it numerous times on CNN. Of course, not everybody watches CNN, but I’m sure it’s elsewhere as well.