Commercials That Make You Say WTF?!

As if that wasn’t bad enough, they’ve added a new tagline to those butt-wiggling bear commercials:

“Enjoy the go.”

:eek:

At first I thought maybe I imagined it, but that’s what it is.

My personal un-favorite is the one where Mama Bear has to inspect Baby Bear’s lint-covered butt before he goes to school. Ugh.

They could do worse - I wish somebody would clue the A&W Root Bear in to what breakfast is supposed to resemble.

As a time-saving measure, I stopped in for one of these instead of my usual Tim Hortons Breakfast Sandwich this week. Turns out you can’t put a a couple of slices of bacon and an egg in a massive, over-leavened hamburger bun and call it “breakfast.” You really, really can’t. The experience is exactly like eating a low-end fast food burger without a hamburger patty, lettuce or tomato in it. They should just let their drones stay home until 11:30 and stop kidding themselves.

The commercial for Hoverround Electric Wheel Chairs.

First of all, is it really such a good idea to have grandma test out the chair on the rim of the Grand Canyon?
Secondly, no wonder Medicare is running into problems - apparently 20 million people don’t have to “pay a penny” to get one.

TheLadders.com campaign:

On the one hand, they’re interesting ads. On the other, there’s a sort of sick irony in them, given how job seekers have to prostitute themselves these days.

Seconded. I seriously wonder if those outfits aren’t routinely scamming Medicare.

Gah! Another one for laundry detergent. It’s Tide this time. MY mother would have broken my legs before she let me out of the house in that skirt.

Grouponis pulling its Super Bowl ads. Guess they got tired of people asking WTF.

To be fair, that’s better than the ones advertising some mechanism to make sure the beer is ready to drink. If the biggest problem you have is slightly insufficiently cold beer, your life is too damned good.

What really worries me about that commercial is how they got the Hoverrounds onto the burros.

I HATE those ads! I knew a woman who got such a chair “without paying a penny”. She was such a reckless driver that the senior home said either the chair or she had to go. Did she donate it to a needy person? No! She tried to sell it for a lot of money!

Second the complaints about the exploding diaper and Charmin and those fucking bears. Pretty soon there’s gonna be a bear with skidmarks and dingleberries on his fur. These guys have abandoned the subtle approach for sure.

However, the headscratchers I really deal with are the ones on the AM radio shows. There’s a “gentlemen’s” club that advertises that the old manager is back. The “interviewer” ends by asking him for a pithy quote, and Shakespeare says, “Friends are like buttcheeks. Every once in a while, a little crap comes between 'em, but they come together in the end.” :eek:

This is on in the middle of the day, when Dan Patrick and Jim Rome are on!

There’s a plethora of ones for dick-growing pills and the like. Is anyone actually falling for this stuff, still?

Another category are the Austin ambulance chasing attorneys. They’re all done terribly, with lawyers that insist in being in their ads, despite either having dead eyes, bizarre tics, or just being plain ugly and creepy. One schmuck looks like a reserve from the junior varsity chess team, and pleads with you to “be careful” when dealing with insurance companies. Then the screen goes black and says “Paid Spokesperson for Loser & Loser Law Firm,” and some cut-rate actor comes on and yells:
BE CAREFUL! DON’T SIGN ANYTHING!

My question is, why did he need to hire someone to say that?

I opened a copy of Popular Mechanics in the doctor’s office on Thursday, and saw an ad for Elevator Shoes. Elevator Shoes! The ad look exactly like it was published in the sixties.

Who buys this crap?

There’s a slightly older Special K commercial where a normal-sized woman is wearing a red dressing gown (with a white sash) and bending over doing something near the fireplace. Her young daughter sees her and says, excitedly, “Santa!”. Obviously the message this woman should take from this experience is ‘boy, I’m a big fatass’, and not ‘boy, maybe if I dress up in a santa-like costume and hang out near a chimney, excitable small children might make the connection between me and santa’.

Yeah, it seems to me that ‘even after you’ve eaten our food you’ll be surprised that it’s made of real ingredients’ isn’t the best selling point in the world.

Those damn bears are the absolute worst out of all possible bad commercials. Previous to these ads I wasn’t even aware that having lint left over on your butt was a problem anyone had ever actually had. I’m still not convinced it’s an actual problem, let alone one which requires the amount of attention those damn bears seem to give it.

I’m not really seeing rape here. She was the one who leaped off her chair and into the guy here.

Since I don’t have a DVR I mute all the commercials. I like the GE dancing elephant commercial.

What the fuck is up with these weird commercials with the mom who is protesting some grocery tax- boohoo she can’t buy soda and juice. Or the one with that middleaged sadsack who’s saying something about government restricting his educational choices?

Rape by deception. Her consent was obtained under false pretenses – pretenses he created specifically for the purposes of getting her to have sex with him, presuming that it would not be possible to receive her consent through normal, non-coercive means.

The “Gain” commercial for using the word “gooder” and the same for a commercial advertising the book “Tick Tock”. Are they using bad English so that people will talk about the commercial and give it more exposure?

How’s this for exposure, bite me.

I hate this commercial for the Trojan Triphoria Vibrator

First the acting is terrible but that *#&$ guy at the end–WTF! Why is he so excited that they got three massagers? That ‘sweeeet’ is just too much!

I agree with the message of the ad in principle but it’s badly executed. She comes off as whiny and entitled.

They advertise that durable medical equipment like canes, walkers and wheelchairs are a covered medical benefits for Medicare subscribers because it’s not obvious to a lot of people, who might otherwise not contact them thinking it’d be an out of pocket expense they can’t afford. They don’t bother stating “assuming you have a mobility impairment”, but 40 million people can’t get free wheelchairs unless they all have doctors who think they need them. It’s only covered then. There are a lot more people who need help getting around but don’t realize the chair is covered than people who can walk around fine but want a free chair.

There are 40 million people who can get chemotherapy, renal dialysis and artificial limbs, too, but they’re not.