Commercials That Make You Say WTF?!

I ran across a new Snickers candy bar commercial for the first time last night. My back was acting up and I had taken my meds so I was a bit out of it. When I woke up this morning I wasn’t even sure it was real. Here it is in all its freaky, creepy glory.
My second WTF commercial has been bothering me for a couple of weeks now. It’s for Gain laundry detergent. Gooder? Gooder, really? I keep waiting for the voice over guy to say something that will make sense of it. He never does. Am I missing the joke here? It’s not just me? twitch They can’t be serious, right? Certainly not. I think I’ll go have a soothing cup of tea now.
tea hee

Ha. I think that Snickers commercial is kind of funny

Doritos Superbowl commercial.

I give you: Poop, There It Is. The most evil diaper ad ever.

Gain wants me to buy the softener choice preferred by hillbillies? Really? REAAAAALLY?

I feel your twitch.

Any you just KNOW the snickers commercial is going to air the day someone gets eaten by a shark.

Dad sits at breakfast table eating Cheerios. Says to son, “you’re not fooling anyone, you know…”

Talks about his heart…kid says “way to go, Dad” (or something to that effect).

And then Dad starts to sob.

I don’t get it.

Q

It’s a point other commercials for the product have brought up: Dad is “insisting” that he’s eating Honey Nut Cheerios for its cardiac benefits, not because it tastes good. So his son is trying to “kill him” when he wants to have some.

Easy one. :slight_smile:

This Pepsi commercial. Basically, they just raped that girl. I bet she’s going to feel real good when she finds out she’s been fooled, not to mention all the other patrons in the bar.

A really classy ad. :rolleyes:

Dad is (deliberately insincerely and ineffectually) trying to keep all the Honey Nut Cheerios to himself by guilting his son into leaving the box. He knows he is bullshitting and his son knows as well. I think they show a fairly healthy realtionship and level of communication.

“Gooder” seems to be some sort of inside pop culture joke I’m not getting. It’s also featured prominently in some orange juice commercial right now, with some blond bimbo I’m sure I’m supposed to know (but don’t) who’s obsessed with her recent weight loss. Her friends, after (rightfully) ignoring her passive aggressive pleas for compliments, finally inform her that she looks “gooder”, just like the orange juice bottle. :confused:

Wow :eek:
That’s just… horrible.

It’s Jane Krakowski and she’s basically playing her character from 30 Rock, who is extremely shallow.

Targetcommercial with AC/DC’s “For Those About to Rock.” I just find it bizarre that AC/DC would license their music out in this manner; it’s not like they need the money or the exposure or anything.

Any Burger King commercial in the last 5 years. I feel like punching something every time one of them come on.

I saw this commercial just once, and had mercifully forgotten it. Curse you for reminding me of its existence.

I can’t find it on Youtube, but the little cartoon Geico animals who…speak…in…a…creepy…monotone…seriously weirds me out.

I was also kind of creeped out by the Snickers commercial. I noticed a shorted version running, not sure if they edited it a bit or if the longer version is still running.

My boyfriend pointed out a Red Bull commercial where teen confesses to a priest that he’s been with a loose woman. The priest then starts naming some women and asking it it was her. The kid leaves and tells another teen waiting outside that he’s got a couple leads. I guess the moral is that Red Bull helps you have promiscuous sex.

How about the woman who was dating a talking gecko? And can’t tell them apart?

So all I gotta do is stock up on the Rebull and Axe body spray and I’ll be in poon-tang city!

I came in to mention that one! Between this and those Charmin bears wiggling their lint-covered asses, it won’t be too much longer before they’re showing actual poo.