Commercials That Make You Say WTF?!

Bad. :eek: But I watched with my son (31) he said "Awesome!:smack:

Those Dominoes commercials where some focus group member says something like “I bet they don’t even use real tomatoes.” and then they drop the walls of the room to reveal that they’re in an actual field of tomatoes.

Right. You could hold 4,000 years of focus groups and not once would someone utter the phrase “I bet they don’t even use real tomatoes.”

It’s a little hard to take that one seriously, though. The likelihood of anyone actually being able to make that happen just makes it seem too cartoonish to get upset about. Like something out of a Looney Toons cartoon. Except for sexier…

Speaking of the Charmin bears, have you seen this one? The Barry White-esque one/romance one. That bear is enjoying his toilet paper wayyyyy too much.

What freaks me out about this one is that they’re pointing out negative things that people might say about their product. It may not have occured to me that they don’t use real tomotoes, but it does now!

The new Jimmy John’s commercials where the bank robbers are firing assault weapons and holding a group of people hostage. At the end one of the hostages takes out his cell phone and orders some sandwiches. Weird juxtaposition.

That one gave me a good chuckle. The one that really weirded me out was the infamous Brokeback Snickers Super Bowl commercial from a few years back.

I like the snickers commercial and damn does a snickers with peanut butter sound good.

I think it will not be too much longer before Charmin just comes out and say what they really want to say.

Charmin parody video: Warning contains “noises”.

I see your ad, and raise you an “I poo in blue

Why am I reminded of the Spanish Inquisition sketch a little?

Mr. Announcer Guy(after screwing up his shpiel): I’ll come in again.
Unbelieving “Regular Guy”(sighs): I bet they don’t even use real tomatoes.
MAG: Nobody expects real tomatoes in our Pizza!

I don’t think its supposed to make sense outside of getting you to remember the product. Malicious humor seems to be the method of choice these days.

I don’t think they air anymore, but it was one of those anti-drug commercials urging parents to do whatever it takes to talk to their kids about drugs no matter how uncomfortable it was. This one featured a mother who walked in on her teenage son while he was in the shower, pulled the curtain, and started asking him if he’d ever been offered drugs. :eek: He kept saying he was naked and pulled the curtain back and she opened it again. All I could think was how creepy it was and if they shot this with a father doing that to his daughter everyone would take it for granted he’s a sex pervert.

I was out at a bar several months ago where they had the sound off the TVs so you could hear the music. The Burger King commercial with the dude acting as the other guy’s hands came on. Me and my buddy just stared at the screen until it was over and turned to each other trying to figure out why someone would air that creepy thing. I watched for the commercial for a while before I caught it again with the sound up still creepy and makes no sense.

You have to admit that was amazingly well-made. I may just head to Target now for some, uh, kitchen stuff, yeah.

I’m fairly sure the announcer is playing off of the phrase “good morning.” Instead of saying “better,” he’s he’s saying gooder. I don’t approve, but I get it.

Joe

Heard a version of a Frank’s Hot Sauce commercial on the radio this morning. Holy cow, is that really the tagline?

More disturbing than the bear gettin’ it on with his toilet paper is the fact that Charmin apparently assumes people are going to be swatting at the toilet paper roll with soaking wet hands.

Uh yeah, I know have a sick sense of humor and I think it’s kind of funny too.
:slight_smile:

THIS one however, I just see red. I guess it would be cute, if it weren’t for the fact that the dumbing down of American when it comes to grammar and language weren’t in full (and hideous) take-over mode.

The worst thing about the Gain commercial is that the copy on the Facebook page says Good’er . As if adding a nonstandard ending wasn’t enough, they had to throw in a superfluous apostrophe? Is the apostrophe now a sign of unusual grammar? Or is this a contraction of something? Good Her?

Yeah that too. I still shudder at trying to conceive as to how they consummated their relationship.