Commercials That Make You Say WTF?!

Another bizarre one with a shark.

For a big dose of WTF, there’s that new Special K ad where the woman is in a red coat and gathering up the Christmas crap from her yard into a bag and just as she’s about to go through her front door, she turns and sees a reindeer-drawn sleigh on the lawn. The implication, of course, is that she’s so fat that they’ve mistaken her for Santa.

This woman’s whole body isn’t as big around as one of my thighs, and she’s supposed to be fat. It’s no wonder women in this country are throwing up to be thin.

I never said it wasn’t funny. I just think it’s really weird, too.

That’s kind of funny in the same way that using sandpaper in masturbation is kind of a bad idea.

Arachnaphobes need not watch:

I sometimes suspect that the creative types who take commissions to do anti-drug PSA’s may not have their hearts in it.

“Really? This suggestion seems sensible to you? Okay, cool - we’ll go with that.”

Like Paul Reubens in character as Pee-wee, but… you know… real serious. This bit is the only thing that has ever come remotely close to persuading me that crack might be something I’d like to try. The whole thing screams “You know this stuff if really great, right? As soon as I’m clear of the buzzkills that are paying me to read this hilarious stuff, I’m gonna smoke a bunch with Miss Yvonne and things are gonna get freaaaaky!”

I just HAD to click on this link and my daughter (31, s’calm down, no child abuse here) was on the couch next to me, BOTH of us jumped and then I cracked up. YUCK, but her reaction was almost worth it (of course I’ll probably have horrible spider nightmares now, thanks a lot, but :D).

The real WTF ones to me are the ones where some beautiful woman with teeth the color of paper needs to OMG hurry and whiten her teeth to the color of lightning bolts before the date or job interview.

You know when I saw that commercial I turned to my GF and said, not entirely in jest, “This is why people hate Americans. This bitch’s biggest problem in life is her teeth aren’t white enough. Almost makes **me **want to kill us all.”

This one drives me nuts, too. Or maybe I’m the only one who isn’t aware of the newly-engineered artificial tomato that’s wa-a-a-a-a-ay cheaper than a “real” tomato.

Burger King ads with the guy in the King mask. Especially the one where he suddenly appears behind a guy standing alone at an ATM on a dark, deserted street, pulls a sandwich out of his ass, hands it to the guy and then steals his wallet.

Not only does that not make me want to go to Burger King, it makes me not want to use ATMs on my own ever again. Heebie jeebie city.

Oop - found it.

Huh. I never got the impression that she was dating a different gecko, just that she was so mind-numbingly stupid that she thought her ex looked like the gecko.

S’ ok… the Gecko’s coworker looks like he’s having a hard time figuring it all out, too.

Not only that, but if you did get someone to say that, your sauce must taste like shit. So Dominoes is confirming that (A) they use real tomatoes and (B) their sauce still tastes like shit.

The King isalways creepy.

No, but their publishers might.

Bolding mine.

Wow, your right and it seems they’ve already gotten to some of us. :stuck_out_tongue:

Bolding mine.

It’s worse than you thought! :wink:

What puzzled me was the one that aired last year where the King had broken into McDonald’s corporate office to steal some breakfast recipes. So what are they saying here, that their breakfast sandwich is basically a knockoff of the Egg McMuffin? (Well, it kinda is, but that they would be so brazen about admitting it is what surprised me).

This is actually true. The downside, of course, is that it will only be with women who are turned on by Redbull and Axe body spray.