Hi bluecanary, I just downloaded this fine application, compiled it, and ran it. Here’s what happened:
- They say that it includes binaries; that’s hogwash. There’s no precompiled binary in their zip file other than libraries such as Ant and Log4J.
- I had to fiddle with setEnv.bat in order for things to work (and, indeed, it told me so when I tried to run one of the examples).
- Use compileall.bat to do the build.
- I ran under jdk1.4.2_05
- The app looks cool, if directed graphs are your thing.
- Their application uses several external libraries, so this is most likely where your classpath problems are coming.
These are the libraries you need to be concerned with:
It may very well turn out that you don’t really need all of those either.
In fact, I ran example 1 as such:
java -classpath %CLASSPATH% examples.SameGraph
I only needed two of the jars for it to run. Log4J complained because it couldn’t find its init file (harmless). I’m sure that if I had tried some of the serialization features, it would have complained about not finding the XML stuff.
Why don’t you post a couple of the NoClassDefFoundError lines?
(Hey, Noone Special, no harm done :))