Computers--changing browers--help please?

OK, I’m dumber than a doorknob, but in my defense, I would like to point out that apparently there are a whole lot of major media outlets that are also dumber than doorknobs.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/microsoftpri0/2015812565_study_claiming_internet_explorer_users_have_lower.html

Computers–changing browers–help please?
Hey Boda, you skipped an s.

I was about to get my OED to see what browers are :smack:

WHOOPS!

Firefox did not import Favorites.

What to do?

Disregard that, please.

Do I need new Security Software?

Do I need a new Flash edition to view YouTube?

No, not if you already have security software that keeps itself up to date. Changing browsers won’t make a difference to this.

Possibly yes, but it is a free download. An old version may work, but a new one will be safer and better. Usually Flash will ask you when it wants to update itself anyway. Are you sure you don’t already have the latest version. (I guess, even if you do, it may, possibly need to be reinstalled to work with your new browser.)

No need to shout, man.

My sincere thanks to one & all.

FF has vastly improved my Web experience, & there ius far less hand-wringing.

:slight_smile:

If only the other IE users could share your enlightenment :slight_smile:

You’ve got it the other way around – Firefox is actually a browser with fewer bells and whistles than SeaMonkey. (Originally Firefox was also leaner, but in recent years it’s become bloated.) Both browsers are derived from the old Mozilla suite; SeaMonkey kept all the fancy configuration settings and features, whereas Firefox cut them out to concentrate on simplicity and user-friendliness.