Congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene MUST GO

The problem is, removing her would only incur defiance and it would probably feed the victim complex feedback loop.

Which is why I didn’t say remove her, just not put her on any committees. I remember the House voting to not seat Adam Clayton Powell so he won the special election to replace him by 86%.

Her district can reelect her as much as they like as long as they prefer a grandstanding (if not truly loony) representative as opposed to an effective one.

I believe Romney took her to task. She told him to “grow a pair.” How can one argue with that level of eloquence?

I posted in another thread that I had believed Congress members to be educated and rational. The difference being that Democrats wish to give money to the poor and Republicans want to give money to the wealthy. Many Republican Congress people seem to be like their constituents, just wearing suits instead of camouflage.

If this was a TV show, Nancy Pelosi would call her to a private meeting and dare her to shoot. Call her bluff. If she really thinks Pelosi is sucking the life force out of dead infants, she should be willing to do it.

I think it’s rather amusing that the ad I see while browsing this thread is from the International Fellowship of Christians and Jews offering me a pin depicting the flags of the United States and Israel. Marjorie Taylor is a good reminder that congresspersons don’t represent the United States they represent the constituents in their district. And if the voters of Georgia’s 14th district wants Mrs. Crazypants to work on their behalf, well, that’s just democracy in action. Although I find it disturbing that she was able to get elected.

I’m not worried about Ms Greene. I mean, how long can she hide from The Jewish Space Laser?

This is a total bullshit false equivalence.

Maxine Waters is maybe slightly more left than the average democrat, but she’s pretty far from crazy.

MTG believes, ‘“Zionist supremacists” are conspiring to flood Europe with migrants in order to replace the white populations there’, among other things.

Nothing Maxine Waters has done or said is even in the same ballpark as that.

I don’t particularly like Romney. And she’s not qualified to carry his jock strap.

So when the Republicans of Colorado’s 5th decide to replace Doug Lamborn with current Florence resident Ted Kaczynski and he’s talking about bombing his fellow Representatives, that’s A-OK as well?

I wasn’t just talking about that link. The Wikipedia link says that a couple of Congress people said she had threatened them a few days ago. Plus, well, she was putting out violent threats towards Pelosi, AOC, and other Democrats even before she was elected–the first two as part of her campaign.

That last part is why I’m not too convinced by the argument that she’s doing what her constituents want, as it implies what they want is violence. Based on what I read from her Wikipedia page, I’m concerned she may physically harm other congressmembers when she doesn’t get her way.

Literally one of the subheadings of her Wikipedia article is “Support for executing prominent Democrats.” I wouldn’t feel safe around her.

Is it possible to not put her on any committees? I may be mistaken, but I was under the impression that all members of Congress must be assigned to at least one committee.

No, in the House each party’s leadership decides which of their party’s members will serve in which committees. But they don’t have to give a member any committee assignments. A couple of years ago McCarthy stripped Steve King of his committees after he made comments endorsing white nationalism.

I see. Thanks for the info.

I suspect that some of them are the same people.

Just as it’s possible to be anti-Israel but not anti-Semitic, it’s possible to be pro-Israel and anti-Semitic. Some of the far right are in favor of Israel because they believe Israel has to exist in order for their End Times to happen. Once they do happen, the Jews are supposed to either convert to Christianity or be damned. The support for Israel, when that is its reason, has nothing to do with support for actual Jews.

Yeah - Israel’s their useful idiot. The basis of right-wing “support” for Israel is that they want Israelis to kill Muslims for them, because they’re slightly more afraid of Muslims than they are of Jews.

Entirely plausible. It would explain why the angry RW-ers in my life became crazy in love with Israel despite a seemingly innate disdain for Jewish people in the US. In hindsight I guess it was a post 9-11 impetus but then it really ramped up following that. In parallel they expanded from all their “christian nation” redoubts to “Judeo-Christian values” as a pillar of their boilerplate.

Maxine Waters is a popular target of demonization by the Right. But please note that there is absolutely no reason to assume any racism or sexism in their choice of Waters as a primary target, nor in their targetting of Ilhan Omar, AOC, Pressley, Tlaib…

Israel’s entirely aware. The End Timers think Israel’s the useful idiot. Israel thinks the End Timers are the useful idiots. (It’s of course unfortunately possible for both to be acting like idiots at any given moment.)

Almost everybody who says “Judeo-Christian values” means ‘I’m under the delusion that Jews and Christians really all believe exactly the same stuff’. Many of them also mean ‘I’m also under the delusion that nobody else has any morals.’

Gee, I’d care…except I don’t. Why are we being held hostage by the lunatic fringe? No matter what we do, they’re still lunatics. They can’t be reasoned with. They can only get straight-jacketed and given the Honeymoon Suite at the Rubber Ramada.

Boot Ms. Crazy-Pants off the back steps and make her an example of the new zero-tolerance-for-batshit-in-government. No More.