Connie Chung "sings" "Thanks for the Memories". What is worse than that?

Connie and Maury married in 1986. In 1987 she was roundly criticized for the documentary Scared Sexless.

On the other hand, if they hadn’t married, Murphy Brown wouldn’t have had the Murphy/Jay Gold romance and In Living Color wouldn’t have done the “Me Want Maury” parody. I’m willing to give the marriage a little slack.

OK. I got up the courage to watch it. I only made it through about 20 sec. before I had to abort, but one thing I noticed: Connie Chung is one fine looking 60-year old. Maybe the poor quality of the video smoothed some wrinkles, but I’d be checking her closet for a painting of an old lady.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hung Mung
The worst, most unintentionally hilarious rendition of a perfectly good song can be found here by scrolling down a bit, under the fellow’s picture, and clicking on “O Holy Night.”
It starts slow but…just trust me. It’s worth it.

Thank you very much - my cat spent the entire time that song was on batting at my speakers trying to shut them up :smiley:

OK, that was musically wretched. But she did give the camera crew at least one very redeeming ass shot. Happy Trails, “Chunnie”…

I litterally sat on my hands and made it through the entire clip (not Rocket Man…I’d never survive that, just Ms. Chung’s farewell).

OK, not only was the joke lame, the whole thing was truly bizarre. What the Hell was up with her moaning like a cow and then collapsing at the end? I just didn’t see the point. Did the effort of singing (she does sound like a bovine in labor) cause her to swoon? Were the six months themselves exhausting? Is anyone above age four supposed to think slapstick like that is humorous? Up until that point, I could see it as a hopelessly amateurish attempt at satire, but the coda managed to be both a little surreal, and a potent irritant. Presenile demenetia?

To be fair, Chung’s “performance” was only meant for a small group of friends. The show’s normal audience.

John Ashcroft singing, period?