"Conservative media co-ordinates on the release of 5 yr old Obama video

It’s known as code-switching in sociolinguistic circles. It’s a totally normal social phenomenon. Everyone does it almost constantly as they move between social settings. I curse like a sailor when I’m with my grad student office mates. I speak professionally when I’m teaching class.

Whoopty fucking doo.

I feel like I’m a pretty cynical consumer of political news, immune to the slings and arrows of the latest outrage. But reading the coverage of this on the right-wing blogs is sickening. It’s such transparent race-baiting that is just so sad.

Maybe this will be the final clue to the MSM that it’s time to stop paying the least bit of attention to Drudge? The only world he should rule would be one completely populated by mouthbreathers.

Perhaps I’m just becoming more rabidly liberal in my old age, but when I clicked the article, my initial response was, “But the government DID discriminate against Hurricane Katrina victims. . .”

Count me int he camp that says this only hurts Obama against the racists who already weren’t voting for that colored guy anyway.

That should be “colored boy”. That’s how my mother always referred to our black brethren (hey, it was the 50s), so it if it was good enough for her. . . Her mother, on the other hand, was an actual unapologetic racist.

It’s not the content *per se *I’m so pissed about, it is the weakest of tea indeed. It’s the blatant collaboration amongst what are supposed to be “news organizations” (and I exclude Drudge from that) participating, in fact collaborating to try to make this news that I’m so pissed about. Every time I think there’s a line that fucking Fox News won’t cross, they manage to fall beneath my lowest expectations. If this shit gets any kind of traction in the ‘lame stream media’ beyond outraged condemnation of their journalistic ‘peers’ I’ll be livid beyond words.

I don’t get it. What “news organizations” was FN collaborating with?

This link is lacking a lot of specifics, but also mentions The Daily Caller and a conxervative CNN contributor pushing the story on CNN - some guy named Brownstein, if my STM doesn’t fail me. I’m quite sure there are more…to be honest, I havent’ gone looking to make an exhaustive list, but I’m assuming the usual suspects will also be involved, Rush et al…CNN now not only published the commentary from their contributor Brownstein, but also includes his comments in the article I linked, which is beginning to ‘teach the controversy’ as far as I’m concerned. Just call it bullshit, already.

I got that part. Leaving aside the issue of whether The Daily Caller is a “news organization”, what I don’t get is how “all the rightwingers parroting Drudge” is “collaborating”. There’s nothing to indicate they were actually working together. It’s not collaboration; it’s just shitty journalism.

The conservative CNN talking head is named Erick Erickson, not Brownstein.
Now, where are my car keys?

Zorro ey? No respect for property rights, that chap.

To be fair, some people are hideously inept at it. I notice it happening to my mother when she speaks to a Russian friend and apparently I do it when talking to a Zimbabwean friend (who speaks with an impeccable English accent, but with nuances unrelated to his origin as far as I’m aware).

There was some degree of collaboration. Drudge and the Daily Caller were deliberately hyping the Hannity airing by talking about how this amazing video contains all these bombshells without revealing the specific video being referenced, even though every political reporter knew what it was. Compare that to the coverage on liberal sites that immediately revealed what the video was before the 9pm EST airing.

To be fair, the Mitt Romeny video is REALLY hurting him and its worth trying ANYTHING at this point.

HOLY SHIT!!!11!!eleventy1!!! Obama is black? Has anyone asked to see his birth certificate?

I listent to talk radio and it has been getting pretty ugly (in a racist sort of way) here in DC. Apparently its reverse dog whistle politics where Democrats change their accents and implicitly promise a lot of welfare benefits to black people by doing so.

It doesn’t bother you that conservative journalists treat the drudge report like its the AP wire?

You had me up until the “whoopity fucking doo.”

Tucker Carlson:

The nerve of them, dismissing an uncontroversial, freely available video from 5 years ago that the MSM (and Tucker Carlson!) reported on at the time, as “old news.” What’s our world coming to!

What if it’s a class full of sailors?

Reminds me of the episode of Family Guy where Chris dates the popular mean girl:

Principal: Connie, the person who humiliated you has been humiliated. By the rules of High School, you are now popular again.

What’s the angle of outrage the Republicans are trying to produce and what is it supposed to accomplish?

Candidate Barack Obama talked some shit about the Federal Government’s blatantly shitty response to a disaster. So what? How is reminding people of Hurricane Katrina supposed to help Romney in any way whatsoever?

Is it trying to point out how Obama wants to give more money to poor, unemployable blacks? Some subversive way of expanding the welfare state in the wake of a natural disaster? Because if so, this could really backfire on the Republicans. What was the last good natural disaster in the US? I believe it was a drought and I believe it hit more red states than blue ones. You’d like that recovery aid cut off? Real Americans should be able to solve their own problems without any help from the government? That message is going to be really well received in flyover country right now, where there are a lot of broke-ass white people who literally have no means of making money no matter how hard working, patriotic or Republican they might be.

The message is that Obama is a Black Panther who thinks all white people are racists. The message is that Obama’s calm demeanor is all a front for his rage at white America. The message is that Obama wants to tax white people and give the money to black people. It’s nothing but an appeal to racism.

Also, it’s just like, and equivalent to, Romney’s 47% tape! It’s even!