Consistently misspelled, non-complex words.

clap

That was pretty epic sir! Thanks for a good laugh :smiley:

What about us poor hampsters?

Your not doing you’re best! I can’t believe no one has mentioned this horror yet. Did you all block it from memory?

I’ll admit it. The majority of times when I spell believe I misspell it as beleive and have to correct it.

A minor one that I always notice is when people write Edgar Allen Poe. His middle name was Allan not Allen. Edgar Poe was orphaned when he was young and he was taken in by family friends named John and Frances Allan. Edgar subsequently added the name Allan to his birth name.

Somebody should alert Firefox. Firefox marks “advisor” as misspelled and wants me to change it to adviser every place I type it online. In fact, Firefox is underlining it in red in this very text box. What makes it especially annoying is that “advisor” is part of my job title and every time I use it in an email it’s underlined in red. It doesn’t happen in IE.

I see alot a lot.

I agree with all the irritants already posted. I also really hate “should of”, “would of”, or similar. “of” and “have” are totally different words!

Heartily agree.

all right / alright

lead when it should be led

So does “seperate.” “Separate” has a PAR in it. :stuck_out_tongue:

“Rediculous.” Why, people? WHY?

Also, “congradulations.” For some reason, that one makes me especially twitchy.

“Seperate” doesn’t have A RAT in it - it has E RAT.

:smack:

That’s what I get for thinking I’m clever with only half a cup of coffee in me.

“Should of” isn’t a typo for “should have”; it’s a typo for “should’ve”. Which is, after all, pronounced the same way.

I’m pretty sure “defiantly” is a spellcheck spelling error, caused by typing “definately” and choosing the wrong suggestion. Maybe not always directly - in cases like Facebook, where people probably aren’t using spellcheck, maybe they just learnt from their spellchecker in the past that it’s not “definately”, it’s “defiantly”!

I think some people must have a real disconnect between what they see and what they hear in their head. How can you get “definitely” from “defiantly”? Either that or people don’t make any connection between related words. Define. Definition. Definite. Definitive.

To be fair, so did the OP.

Due and do.

I find, although probably not fitting the OP’s definition of non-complex, the consistent misspelling and mispronunciation of diphtheria, even in the media and occasionally by people who should really know better, to be truly annoying. Less annoying but equally common is the misspelling and mispronunciation of ophthalmologist/ophthalmic, I think people have a blindness to the phth bit of both words.

I could never remember the correct spelling until a coworker pointed out how her parents taught her: WE are WEIRD. I was 29.

I’ve noticed more and more, “women” being used for singular as well as plural for some damn reason. Quite often by women.

I saw this recently: “we no longer except checks”

That’s not bad.

What was bad was the essay I got about God and Satin.

You see, God and Satin used to be best friends, but then Satin got jealous. Satin wanted God to share His power with Satin, but God wouldn’t, because God thought Satin was immature. So Satin and God had a fight, and then Satin left and went to Hell where Satin could be the boss.

I swear, I laughed so hard I cried, and yes, I did red circle every single instance of Satin. I wanted to print out a picture of satin, the fabric, and one of Satan, the adversary and attach it to the essay, but I figured that would just crush my poor student.