Controversial encounters between law-enforcement and civilians - the omnibus thread #2

As long it happens to black people…it’s OK.

It might be helpful to understand where this happened. If you were in Kiowa County Colorado, you would not be able to see an actual mountain unless you climbed up on one of the grain elevators. This stop apparently happened on the main east-west road, a county road that appears to not be striped outside the town, about 20 some miles west of the Kansas border: the part of Colorado that is essentially indistinguishable from Kansas. Less than 1500 people live there, and it is a long way from much of anywhere.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/man-arrested-outside-vice-president-kamala-harris-official-residence-and-had-rifle-and-ammunition-in-car/ar-BB1eHdYS?li=BBnb7Kz

Armed man looking to kill someone…arrested, not shot.

Yep, it 's a white boy.

The spokesman for the Cherokee County Sheriff’s department, who said the guy who killed eight people yesterday was “having a bad day”, has posted anti- Asian tropes in the past.

That quote enrages me.
The killer had a “bad day”? Not the people who died? Not their families, loved ones and friends? Not their co-workers? The fucking killer is the “bad day” he empathizes with?

The only way that quote happens is if the speaker doesn’t really see the victims as fully human. And definitely doesn’t see them as human as the murderer. Wonder why not?

I am actually surprised I survived the insurrection. I watched everything from the beginning to end and was so furious about the racism my blood pressure went to stroke levels for a few hours and even smoking a bunch of high powered weed didn’t help because then I got pissed about the racism involving that.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/autopsy-reveals-casey-goodson-jr-black-man-killed-by-ohio-sheriffs-deputy-was-shot-five-times-from-behind/ar-BB1eJiPs?li=BBnb7Kz

One witness heard Meade command the victim to drop his gun, and when he didn’t, the deputy shot him, Tobin said after the shooting. The family has said Goodson had a sandwich, not a gun, in his hand. Even if Goodson had been carrying a gun, the family reiterated, he had a license to do so.

Shot him 5 times in the back. Must have been a very scary sandwich.

Only five times? Just imagine if it had been a cell phone or a wallet!

Remember the McGirt decision last year that affirmed that much of Oklahoma was tribal reservation and not US territory?

Tacoma, WA:

Sure… just respond calmly to over 40 amped up cops with their guns pointed at you, convinced you threatened to kill a fellow cop… that’s all you have to do is just be calm.

Because throwing papers out of the windows presumably meant he was littering?

I came to post that story. Unfuckingbelievable. What kind of dumbass follows someone throwing newspapers out their windows and doesn’t catch a fucking clue? This guy is far too stupid to be allowed to carry a gun. Who hired this dumbfuck? Oh wait, he is the elected sheriff?

Sad state of affairs.

Cops suck.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/latino-man-who-escaped-atlanta-spa-shooting-handcuffed-for-two-hours-while-wife-died-inside/ar-BB1eOwmB?ocid=Peregrine&li=BBnb7Kz

The handcuffed him because he was Latino. The shooter is white.They left him in handcuffs even though multiple people said he was who he says he was:

Others tried to tell the officers that González wasn’t lying about his identity but the cops didn’t seem to care. Someone who worked next door even recognized Mario González. “I know,” is all a police officer said when he was told that González’s wife was inside.

He had to wait hours in handcuffs to find out his wife had been murdered.

At first glance this story might not seem to meet the criteria for the thread, but I think it is a good fit:

Remember this story from Vox last year? It goes into why police are so hostile to civilians.

I think it is more basic than that. Mrs. Cad went to court over an expired plate. Not really her fault (long story about not being able to get the title). The cop asked to question her. This was his question: What were you doing in MY town with an expired registration?
He didn’t care about the answer because it was a matter out of our control (I was there to explain to the judge why we couldn’t register the car). He just wanted to show that HE controlled the city to the bitch that dared defied him by having an expired temp tag.

So if has that power-complex over something that he should have excused (again not her fault) can you imagine how they are when someone (female or of-color especially) dares say they don’t have to show ID, or runs away from them, or swings a donut in their gereal direction?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/chicago-cop-who-bragged-about-killing-someone-assigned-to-community-safety-team/ar-BB1eT3vV

Seriously??? This is the guy you want on that team?

Washington state sheriff calls for backup on black newspaper delivery man because he’s acting suspicious by delivering newspapers.

you have been ninja’d – by several days

Cops are dicks.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/video/peopleandplaces/police-chief-faked-marriage-annulment-papers-to-cover-up-triple-life-prosecutors/vi-BB1eQTvp