Cool magic trick, but absolutely NSFW.

From the Montréal Comedy Festival ‘Juste pour rire’ - Ursula Martinez

It’s a very basic piece of sleight of hand, with a cool twist.

I had a hunch it’d be that one when I saw the thread title-- There was a mention of it here a few years ago.

Great Magic Trick - NSFW.

from the old thread people were wondering about the music, its “a shot in the Dark” by Henry Mancini, and it is indeed from one of the pink panther movies.

Oh, I remember this one- Crazy-Eyed-Jazz-Hands lady. She racks her body to and fro as if she’s possessed.

I know what this is without even looking. I saw it a couple of years ago and have been trying to locate it again ever since. Thank you!

I like. Makes me wonder what kind of other interesting and unusual acts don’t make it onto the televised Just for Laughs.

Well, she’s certainly got an interesting approach to the ‘distraction’ part of sleight of hand…

Based on how the trick ended, it looks to me like she left the fake thumb in a certain area that would make it be a bit uncomfortable.

Yup, knew I’d seen it as soon as she started twitching and making that stupid face. It almost makes it hard to watch.

That handkerchief was dying to be thrown into the audience for “verification”.

Nothing up her sleeve!

What some people won’t do for show biz, eh?

Actually, it’s from the movie A Shot In The Dark, which was the first Inspector Clouseau movie, but predated the first Pink Panther movie (in concept), called The Pink Panther, which was the second movie with Peter Seller’s Clouseau character.

(IMDB seems to have some problems with the release dates, and release dates don’t neccesarily follow production dates. I distinctly remember A Shot in the Dark released at least a year before The Pink Panther.)

She only has to leave it there for a short time, and the fake thumb is less bulky than… other things. Why would it be uncomfortable?

I remember seeing it before, but I don’t remember seeing that ending! Maybe I watched a cut version.

It would be much easier for the trick to, um, pre-load the scarf and not ditch the thumb.
Of course in that case why not go with the classic end for a silks trick and pull out an “endless” scarf?
Bonus; pulling 6 or 8 knotted silks would be as, um, stimulating for the performer as the audience. :wink:

CMC fnord!

IMDb says 1963 for The Pink Panther because it was released in Europe in December of that year. US release wasn’t until March of '64; A Shot in the Dark was released–US first–three months later.

There was a re-release of The Pink Panther in early '65.

Only on the SDMB will a thread about a nude female derail into a discussion of release dates of the Pink Panther movies.

I’m surprised somebody looked for a fake thumb. Really, wasn’t easier to just go with the trick and find far more interesting things to look at?

The fake thumb explains the jazz hands, actually. Keep your hands either hidden or in motion, and it’s harder to spot the bigass thumb.