cornopean, conservatives are not oppressed

…instead, they are the oppressors, and you are making excuses for their hate crimes.

Over in this thread, cornopean claimed that liberals are violent, and conservatives never think liberals are evil, in an attempt to hijack the thread. This is a meme that’s been going on around the SDMB a lot, with all these poor, oppressed conservatives from the nasty liberals.

Tea Partiers cheer burning of Mosque, an action that other conservatives on this board has previously described as “not against freedom of religion”.

Former leader of South Carolina GOP say transgender people belong in camps, basically meaning we don’t even NEED to make the Nazi comparisons. He’s gladly doing it for us.

When asked if conservatives are under threat of violence more than other groups, cornopean went on to say that…

Anti-white and anti-christian hate crime statistics are a pretty damn tiny minority.

The murder rate of LGBT people is at its highest, and transgender individuals were 28% more likely to experience violence than cisgender individuals.

(PDF) But it gets worse, as 35% of transgender children are physically assaulted, 5% by their teachers or school staff, 50% of transgender individuals have experienced workplace harassment.

In short; you are wrong, and your claims are violent, in that you are dismissing and ignoring actual violence against others, while trying to portray yourself the victim.

I ask you to either come up with some statistics showing your anti-conservative violence, or shut the hell up.

Note the Muslim outreach event, Tea Partiers were trying to prevent people from speaking or listening. It certainly isn’t an isolated event.

Now, be a decent human being and apologize, or better yet, go away.

You expect a Fox News intern wannabee to be a decent human being? :dubious:

For context, cornopean dumped his steaming, off-topic load into a thread in which the actual subject was whether or not people who dislike the current Republican party want to see a one-party state. No one, as far as I could tell, actually advocated that the Republican party be forcibly dissolved, and most expressed either indifference to the notion or, at worst, that the Tea party faction dry up and blow away.

Protip for cornopean: being the right-wing version of Der Trihs is not really something to aspire to.

What, and leave show business?

This guy’s a fucking tool - not worth a second look.

That’s my impression as well. He’s certainly doing good at hijacking threads with outrageously stupid claims, but if folks would ignore his outrageous stupidity, we’d all be smarter.

Words to live by in many situations.

At most, this clown warrants pity, not a pitting.

Banned before the New Year.

That was once said about me…

Wait, you’re still HERE?!
:smiley:

Qin I think you’re a bit of an outlier. The Dope highly values those with the intelligence and self awareness to actually read other posters comments, and the maturity to adjust their views when clear evidence to the contrary is presented.

I admire you for that quality of honesty but I fear it’s not nearly as ubiquitous a characterization as we might hope.

Also Qin is an outlier because he has only become more and more progressive (and therefore, right) as time has gone on.

There is a simple solution to every problem in the world, and it is usually wrong.

Oh, don’t get me wrong, I have absolutely no hope for this loser. But some bullshit needs to be called out, and things put into perspective, especially considering he hasn’t been the only one making these claims recently. Honestly, I wish he and the rest of his ilk would go away, as they trivialize the deaths of others and in a sense add to the already mounting piles of hate our society shovels onto people. But I know that’s not going to happen.

It was a pitting that needed to be made. It was almost Orwellian in its reversal of the facts. One imagines a poor Ku Klux Klan member bemoaning having been asked to leave a family restaurant. “Liberals claim to be tolerant, but just show up wearing white robes and see what they do!”

Agreed, but if you’re going to pit the man do it proper or it’s, “See! You’re just as bad as me!”.

This was a proper and well deserved pitting, bravo.

We’ve seen you grow, learn and even teach. Most are somewhat awkward when they first get here, so you are doing o.k.

Thank you. :slight_smile:

At least you’re not starting any more threads in GD about Capt. Janeway being cooler than Picard. As if!

This guy is a dishonest shitgargler. He has nothing productive to add to any discussion he’s in, his claims are so completely ridiculous and transparently wrong as to be fucking worthless, and when he’s shown to be wrong, he ignores it and keeps on making the same damn claims. This is the kind of person who either needs to get their shit together or get lost. I’d prefer we get another Qin-style story, but it’s not likely.

Hey cornopean. Little word of advice. If everyone on the forum thinks that you’re full of shit, it’s not because you’re conservative, it’s because your claims make no sense and you lie about it when proven wrong - in short, it’s because you’re full of shit.