Coronavirus Information, Maps, Trackers

Coronavirus COVID-19 Global Cases by the Center for System Science and Engineering (CSSE) at Johns Hopkins University

Thanks to Cardinal Fang for the fix.

Coronavirus Dashboard

Supposedly run by a high school student in Washington State.

Center for Disease Control and Prevention

Cases in the United States (CDC)

The Johns Hopkins link is to an article about the resource, not the dashboard itself.

This is a site my agency is operating for the duration. If you don’t have a HSIN account (if you don’t know what that is, don’t worry about it), just sign in as a guest. It’s a one-stop shop for all kinds of stuff on coronavirus. I wrote the community awareness bulletin on scams, which is available for download. Some of the information is Pennsylvania-specific, but there is good nationwide info. (Obviously, it’s a US-centric sure.)

Can there be a sticky thread or cite to update us on the prognoses, and timing of all the things we are waiting for, critical information on feasibility, and availability of tests, and vaccines, incubation periods?

This keeps timing out, not sure where the problem is.

Thanks, though.

Jenny
your humble TubaDiva
Administrator

I don’t think we could do this as effectively or as in as timely a fashion as the mainstream media is already doing it. I wouldn’t want to try.

We will do our best to keep you informed within our limitations as a message board site.

Jenny
your humble TubaDiva
Administrator

I’ve bee using this one which has some nice charts: https://infection2020.com/

Coronavirus information from the US Social Security Administration.

Various stats: COVID - Coronavirus Statistics - Worldometer
WHO website on the new coronavirus: Coronavirus disease (COVID-19)

Bing put up a nice map tool: Coronavirus (COVID-19) live map tracker from Microsoft Bing

From POLITICO magazine: Live tracker: How many coronavirus cases have been reported in each U.S. state? - “Using data from the COVID Tracking Project, we’re following how each state is responding to COVID-19.”

This graphs the numbers and trends of tests, positives, and deaths per US state.

I think the link is mangled in MsRobyn’s post. This seems to work:

https://share.dhs.gov/paciccovid-19/

The University of Washington in Seattle has a tracker for the daily testing and the stats that come from it. This is ground zero with a severe lack of testing. UW set up drive thru testing.

It’s mildly optimistic but wouldn’t read too much into it unless it’s stable for a few weeks.

Here is one I have been using for a few days now. Global COVID-19 Tracker & Interactive Charts | Real Time Updates & Digestable Information for Everyone | 1Point3Acres

Has a lot of county-by-county info not available on some of the other sites.

Posted this to the “Breaking News” thread: Google has launched a “Community Mobility Reports” web site intended to roughly track the relative level of adherence to social distancing and stay-at-home policies in various countries. Reports are updated daily, and cover the following categories: retail and recreation, groceries and pharmacies, parks, transit stations, workplaces, and residential. US data can be broken out to the state and county level.

New York Times put out a great new dashboard. You have to put in the metro area for each set of charts:

1. total confirmed cases and deaths
  2. daily growth rate of confirmed cases and deaths
  3. growth rates by case counts
  4. new cases and deaths per 1000 people

It explains how to read each indicator. Having the view across all 4 indicators gives a decent indication.

How Severe Are Coronavirus Outbreaks Across the U.S.? Look Up Any Metro Area - The New York Times

I don’t think this one was listed: The Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation at UWMedicine at Univ of Washington has projections with some nice charts with curves and sliders for the US and each state. COVID-19

Illinois numbers, by county and zip code.

Coronavirus information would be beneficial when proven with more facts.

Rt Tracker, apparently put together by the original founders of Instagram, purports to provide “…up-to-date values for Rt, a key measure of how fast the virus is growing. It’s the average number of people who become infected by an infectious person. If Rt is above 1.0, the virus will spread quickly.”

The data starts on March 15. Note that at the time I posted this, after showing an initial drop that appears to correlate with social distancing measures, for a number of states Rt has begun increasing again, and most remain above 1.