Could Someone explain Joe Namath?

Heh. A few years ago, my sister-in-law told me that she was at some sort of event, and Joe Namath stuck his tongue in her ear. And produced a photo to prove it! She said he was really arrogant, and acted like she should be really flattered that he was paying attention to her. She barely knew who he was, beyond “some old football star.” She described him as “totally gross,” and if she hears his name, she shudders involuntarily. There’s some sort of karmic justice there.

It’s like sexual harrassment; it’s only harassment if it’s unwanted. When he was a young, famous, handsome quarterback, his attentions were sought after, and it wasn’t creepy.

But once you get old and people forget you, or if you’re just ugly and/or poor to begin with, then that same behaviour is considered creepy and weird.

Mick Jagger is finally getting at that stage, I hear. I read he’s genuinely befuddled that 20 year old supermodels are no longer succumbing to his charms.

Kiss? He shoulda been asking for a BJ. Look at that mouth! You could hanger a B-52 in there.

I didn’t watch the football game but I did see the clip on David Letterman. Ironically, earlier in the day I was watching Match Game on GSN, and one of the questions had something to do with a guy who “can’t stop touching women.”

2 of the 6 answers were for “Joe Namath”. The other 4 were for “Gene Rayburn”, the host. :slight_smile:

Of course, I was thinking “Arnold Schwarzenegger”, but that’s obviously too modern for a 70’s game show…

True quote from Joe’s book, I Can’t Wait Til Tomorrow, 'Cause I Get Better Looking Every Day

“I can understand a woman not wanting to jump into bed with me. Well, no, actually, I can’t.”

Can anyone link to a picture or something? Everytime I read “Suzy Kolber” I see “Steve Kolber” and I really don’t care to ogle his ass. . .

I don’t even know who “Suzy Kolber” is . . .

Tripler
I don’t get out much.

Oops. Never mind.

As of last night, it looks like Lynn Swann. :eek:

I wonder if zombies like foot ball players more because their brains are already chewed up?

Well, since this zombie has been raised, here’s a joke I heard many years ago.

Have you ever heard of a New York Jets cocktail?
Drink two and you forget what your Namath.

Thanks. I’ll be here all week. :slight_smile: Please be sure to tip your waiter.

Since this thread was launched in the pre-Youtube days, here’s video footage that doesn’t involve your Windows Media Player launching.

Aw, hell, I’ll tip you.

Don’t ever tell that joke again.

Never open a file with a wmv extension, people love to use windows media for computer virus injection.

Declan

He wasn’t drunk; he had vapor lock.

Kissy Suzy Kolber had a good run.

Since we’re here in 2016, I notice that Joe Namath admitted to aquired brain injury last year (2015)