Could Someone explain Joe Namath?

From what I’ve heard, he ain’t changed that much from when they let him play football and make movies.

They don’t call him “Broadway Joe” for nothing.

Some habits die real hard.

Wasn’t Joe’s claim to fame “making a good pass”? :smiley:

Feh, you wouldn’t get that behaviour out of Johnny Unitis. He had a haircut you could set your watch to!

Yeah, me too… One minute you’re a sexy young guy, the next you’re a dirty old man. It’s downright sobering, it is.

Of course, although I still remember when I was a hot young chick instead of a wrinkly old broad, I don’t get drunk and paw cute young guys. So I guess I’m aging more gracefully than Joe. For whatever that’s worth.

The old Joe Namath wouldn’t have said “I want to kiss you.” He would have shocked the world by making the bold statement “You WILL kiss me,” and then make it happen.

You should take into consideration that Namath threw more interceptions (220) than TDs (173) so he didn’t score as easily as he wanted.

I would rather pit him for hitting on Suzy Kolber but he was drunk so I forgive him. IMO, she is extremely annoying with her fake announcer voice, half open eyes and “I’m one of the guys” attitude. She is not an overly attractive woman either. I’d rate her a 6 on a looks scale, YMMV.

Which sideline reporter would have given him that kiss?

Melissa Stark?
Lisa Guerrero?
Pam Oliver?
Michelle Tafoya?

Lynn Swann?
Armin Keteyian?

You can watch the clip here:

http://members.cox.net/jvhsite1/namath.wmv

Holy fuck, what a trainwreck.

Not me, all I got was, “0&<sum>uZ<caron>fÏ?ÙªbÎlc ¡Ü«ŒG©ÏZ<caron>äÀ ehäìdZ8Bª¥?nU~Uõ°èœÈÃs<caron>`õ(;à¶.:¸ h†µ¿_.©ÏZ<caron>ãÀ Se‹ ÒÓ«º©ÏZ<caron>æÀ Se] ©FC|àïüK<sum>)9>flA\…'en-us]‹ñ&„EìGŸ_eRÉêËøů[wH„gªŒDúLʸIsVBR4DeviceConformanceTemplateL2IsVBR4DeviceConformanceTemplate@IsVBR4DeviceConformanceTemplate@.WM/WMADRCPeakReferenceÿ4WM/WMADRCAverageReference_tÔßÊ ?ºs<caron>«Ë–ªè2Ë¥ærÆ2Cƒ™©iR[ZX@è@èÀ_HË¥ærÆ2Cƒ™©iR[ZX°¸°¸Â*,
Ë¥ærÆ2Cƒ™©iR[ZXJ,¸J,¸’*.”

Are you using Mozilla Eve? Whether you are or not, you can likely right-click the link, choose something like “save link target as” and download it to disk. Then double-click it, and hopefully it will play in Windows Media Player (assuming you are running Windows).

And man oh man does he sound DRUNK! Holy crap.

Eh, I’ll try it when I get home tonight; maybe I don’t have Godzilla there.

Wow.

Thanks for digging up a link.

Whad’ya expect of Broadway Joe, ESPN? He’s in New York and it was a Saturday night. He was probably well into his 3rd bottle of Dewar’s by then.

Kudos to Suzy for handling it like a pro.

Saw this on PTI, what genius decided to put someone that obviously plastered on live TV? Then they showed a clip of Nicole Richie’s comments Friday at an NBA game about wanting to have sex with Kobe Bryant. At least Broadway Joe had the excuse of being stinko while acting like an ass.

I wanted to be the one to start this thread, just so I could user the following subject line:

Namath to Kolber: I KISS YOU !!!

Ah, what might have been.

“She is not an overly attractive woman either.”

Hoo-boy, you got that right:
http://www.amiannoying.com/(rcrcgn55ngrwevy3nwei5m45)/view.aspx?ID=6384

Joe had to have been really blasted to want to kiss that mug.

I seem to recall that Joe had cleaned up his act, gotten married, had kids and maybe even got religion. He shoulda stuck with it.

Joe Namath has been a womanizer and a drunk for years! Just because he’s a little longer in the tooth, it’s now an issue? I am not agreeing that what he did was “classy”, but he’s never been known for anything resembling “class” anyway. Usually, however, he has tried to keep his real-life habits off-camera.

What he did was total bullshit, but hey…I can’t help it. I laughed my ass off.

Such a jerk. I bet he woke up going, “Oh hell…what did I DO???” And one breath later went, " Oh well…"

Yea, that’s what came out, but what he was saying was “I want to kiss you.”

As to the explanation, well…

Makes the universal sign of drinking a big ol glass of alcohol and looking shitfaced

Joe is from one of the neighboring mill towns here in the Beaver Valley of Western Pennsylvania. You can go to any bar in any of the towns any night of the week and see an army of men his age acting exactly the same way. The only difference is that none of them have it broadcast on TV.